44g Sps Dominant Beginning

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I have yet to buy from anyone other than fish stores. Not that they are very safe. Weird that when you quarantined the fish no issues showed up until you placed it in the display. But it's true that stress will cause outbreaks

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
No quarantine, my own fault, plus it was the tang that started it all, hopefully, no more fish deaths, no more fish for awhile, work on the reef an see what happens

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Well no more fish deaths, yay everything seems to be going great now, it's been about two weeks now since I added my first tiny sps frag, no colour loss, or bleaching, still alive and thriving,well I guess not the first sps some of my red cap has been in there for a bit and has really started to colour up in the terms of glowing a nice red under the blues:), I think I'm going to slowly move them over throughout the next couple weeks, gonna start with some really encrusted pieces just to make sure they are going to make it, tonight is the sunset monti and ultimate Bonzia acro, got a new rack made and ready for acclimation :)

Last edited:

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Has anyone ever used the Chinese LED's before? I've got my blues set to 75%, and my full spectrum set to 45%, at 10inches over the water in the new tank, everything in there seems pretty happy, now in my nano Ive got my ATI's at 4.5inches above water and almost all sps at about only 4inches below surface, all have great colour, growing good, wondering if when I transfer, how high i can start them, not to sure the par out for either LED's or 24"ATI's

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Ya I'm still not sure as I will be adding over them over a lengthy time, I think I will lower the output by 15%for blues and 10% for whites then once all frags are in slowly raise back up over a couple weeks, ?¿

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Well night two off the sps acclimations, at this rate it's going to take almost 3 weeks at 2 frags a night:)doing a Wild RR acro and green base pink body with orange axial corollites milli, almost ready to go in the tank, a few pics once there in and happy:)

Last edited:

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Thx Kevin, drilled holes for acrylic rod in the big rock work, then epoxied it together into one whole piece, slowly adding all the nice pieces I have got off you, my rr wild acro wild be my display piece, that thing grows like a weed:), and gorgeous too, got that nice pink with white tips and blue polyps with a nice yellow in the axial corallites, starting to see se nice pink coming out in my pink lemonade too, so exited to see them all in the tank and flourishing...

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Yes that is an interesting piece, it change depending on placement and light, also conditions of your tank. Love it, lots of pe as well
It really show that you have put sometime and effort in the aquarscaping, nicely done

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
I got mine from saltycrakcer about 3 months with no encrusting, basically a nice fresh frag, I'd say for how fast it grows I'm doin pretty good:), and yes probably my top 3 sps favourite as well:)

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Well added a few wonderful purchases last night, thx kevin :). First off was a colony of OG HALLUCINATION PALYS, 2polyps of godfathers, and one amazing Oompa Loompa polyp, then!!! We got a nice RR CANNIBUS ACRO COLONY, ABD ACRO COLONY, and a WILD RR COLONY, pics tonight once the lights are on and I can find some time:)