Daves 200 gallon DD tank build

davesolo29

Super Active Member
I found something in my tank today that i have never seen before.  Im sure this is quite normal for most of you, but for me it is quite exciting.
I was gazing in and noticed that my millipora had sprouted 4 new nubs and was spreading over the rock it is encrusted to.  I then looked a little closer and noticed, 3 new baby duncan heads, a significant amount of new growth on my green apple monti, and some substantial growth of my red digi.
I mean, i have had some palys and zoos spread before, but never had any luck with any type of sps.
Im not sure if it has anything to do with the switch from LEDs to T5s, or if it has to do with water quality.  Either way, Im completly stoked.

Dont get me wrong, i am also seeing some stuff that is not doing as well as i would like.  Some zoas and palys dont seem to be thriving or as bright as they were when i first got them. 

All in all, i feel like i am finally on my way to a successful reef tank.

Oh.. and all my fish are alive and looking super healthy.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Right on, success is a great reward in this hobby. Congrats. I'd chalk it up to a bunch of doing it rights to your success and not one specific thing

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
vuk2m.gif

spyd

Super Active Member
Holy crap! The sky is falling!!! Just kidding. Congrats Dave! Glad to hear you are having success! When is the display going to be filled and rocking? You definitely have the right equipment and setup for success. Don't worry too much on the zoos. They can be harder to grow than SPS sometimes. Some do well, others melt away into oblivion... I can grow SPS... Zoos on the other hand.. I don't have a great track record.

P

phi delt reefer

spyd link said:
Holy crap! The sky is falling!!! Just kidding. Congrats Dave! Glad to hear you are having success! When is the display going to be filled and rocking? You definitely have the right equipment and setup for success. Don't worry too much on the zoos. They can be harder to grow than SPS sometimes. Some do well, others melt away into oblivion... I can grow SPS... Zoos on the other hand.. I don't have a great track record.

i had the same problem when my tank was taken care of.  Zoos would just melt away or get eaten by zoa spiders that i could never get rid of  :-\

congrats on the growth! Its always nice to see some progress after all the sweat and tears and cash you pump into a system.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
So,,  im finally filling my display tank.  Should be done in a couple days.  Im just filling with RO/DI water right now.  Will mix the salt right in the tank then add rock the next day.
Cant wait.

P

phi delt reefer

davesolo29 link said:
So,,  im finally filling my display tank.  Should be done in a couple days.  Im just filling with RO/DI water right now.  Will mix the salt right in the tank then add rock the next day.
Cant wait.

Must be rocking a 25gpd system cause we haven't received any updates!

P

phi delt reefer

davesolo29 link said:
dont bug me til you know what its like to have 6 kids.

If u lived in Bangladesh you would have family operated multi million dollar textile business with those numbers. Those little hands excel at the detail work.