Deeznutz HD 120 Long Rimless

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Id do the frag tank from the drains no problem, a bonus is it makes it easy to siphon out detritus ...

The reactors I don't think would work via a drain, but a simple mj1200 would drive a reactor
Like tlf150

deeznutz

Poseidon link said:
Id do the frag tank from the drains no problem, a bonus is it makes it easy to siphon out detritus ...

The reactors I don't think would work via a drain, but a simple mj1200 would drive a reactor
Like tlf150

This is true, I never really thought of that.  Thanks, this might make my decision on the pump easier.

Here are the pumps that I'm considering.

ReeFlo Super Dart/Snapper Gold Hybrid Pump (back ordered 4-6 weeks :(
Feed frag tank of pump
14' Head pressure
955gph
155watts

Water Blaster HY-10000 Pump (2600GPH)
Drain fed frag tank
14' Head pressure
400gph
130watts

Waveline DC10000II Internal & External Pump w/Controller
Drain fed frag tank
14' Head pressure
450gph
132watts

Waveline DC 12000 Internal & External Pump w/Controller
Feed frag tank off pump
14' Head pressure
977gph
170w

Anyone running any of the above mentioned pumps?  The Water Blaster HY-10000 Pump (2600GPH) seems to be a good option as suggested by Spyd :)

Ok, so I'm off to view my stand :)  POst pics when I get back  ;)

Thanks

-dan

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
BIGSHOW link said:
I don't know if its just me, but every single one of my water blaster pumps leaked voltage.  I have had 4 of them, all various models.

You can't keep the powerbar in water there big guy.

I run the 5000 with no problems , but have read this more then once about the voltage leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deeznutz

unibob link said:
[quote author=BIGSHOW link=topic=8353.msg91044#msg91044 date=1398031232]
I don't know if its just me, but every single one of my water blaster pumps leaked voltage.  I have had 4 of them, all various models.

You can't keep the powerbar in water there big guy.

I run the 5000 with no problems , but have read this more then once about the voltage leaking.

[/quote]
BIGSHOW link said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Are you guys running them internal or external with the voltage leaking?

Might have to rule this one out :(

deeznutz

Stand progress, we will be introducing it to paint on tuesday :-*

file-103.jpg

file-104.jpg

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Mine is internal.  Haven't noticed any stray voltage.  Haven't tested for it either.  Could just be minimal.

deeznutz

davesolo29 link said:
Mine is internal.  Haven't noticed any stray voltage.  Haven't tested for it either.  Could just be minimal.

Good to know.

davesolo29 link said:
Stand looks great.  I may be a bit jealous.  And I love my stand.

;D ;D ;D
Thanks dude.  I can't wait for it to all come together.

vdubz link said:
serious stand envy over here...
teebone110 link said:
[quote author=vdubz link=topic=8353.msg91058#msg91058 date=1398038004]
serious stand envy over here...

+1

Looks incredibly awesome!!
[/quote]

Seriously???  You guys are making me blush.

deeznutz

So after a some searching, well actually lots of searching.  I think it's going to come down to these two
pumps

ReeFlo Super Dart/Snapper Gold Hybrid Pump
14' 955gph/ 155watts
$399
This pump will power both my display tank and frag tank with some left over flow for reactors ran off a manifold.

Water Blaster HY-10000 Pump (2600GPH)
15.5'/400gph/130watts
$299
This pump will power my display and the drain will feed my frag tank.

Hopefully I can decide soon, so I can get this sucka ordered.  Then I can order all my plumbing fittings.  I hate plumbing  :(

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
That stand is just incredible. Love this build so far.

All my water blasters were internal.  Worked well for a bout a year, and then started to leak.  I did purchase them when they were first released probably close to 3 years ago now, so they may have improved.

Austin

deeznutz link said:
Hopefully I can decide soon, so I can get this sucka ordered.  Then I can order all my plumbing fittings.  I hate plumbing  :(

I actually liked doing the plumbing lol.... If you aquascape my tank and I will do your plumbing.

deeznutz

davesolo29 link said:
Plumbing sucks.

Yuppers

benzzz link said:
Reefflo buddy.  Go big or go home. :)

But I am home  :p

BIGSHOW link said:
That stand is just incredible. Love this build so far.

All my water blasters were internal.  Worked well for a bout a year, and then started to leak.  I did purchase them when they were first released probably close to 3 years ago now, so they may have improved.

Thanks for the compliments BIGSHOW.  I sure hope they have improved their design.  When you say leak, you mean leak voltage right?  If not voltage, where would it leak water? 
What are you using now?

-dan

deeznutz

Austin link said:
[quote author=deeznutz link=topic=8353.msg91176#msg91176 date=1398134509]

I actually liked doing the plumbing lol.... If you aquascape my tank and I will do your plumbing.
[/quote]

Deal, although my idea of aqua scape is negative space.  It will be two rocks off centred lol

Simplicity is bliss

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
deeznutz link said:
Thanks for the compliments BIGSHOW.  I sure hope they have improved their design.  When you say leak, you mean leak voltage right?  If not voltage, where would it leak water? 
What are you using now?

-dan

Sorry Dan, leak voltage, not water.  I use the new vertex pumps and the waveline pumps.  I tested each of my water blasters in a bucket of water on a number of outlets in the house, every single one of them I had put out some amount of voltage.