Deeznutz HD 120 Long Rimless

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
BIGSHOW link said:
[quote author=deeznutz link=topic=8353.msg91245#msg91245 date=1398213066]
Thanks for the compliments BIGSHOW.  I sure hope they have improved their design.  When you say leak, you mean leak voltage right?  If not voltage, where would it leak water? 
What are you using now?

-dan

Sorry Dan, leak voltage, not water.  I use the new vertex pumps and the waveline pumps.  I tested each of my water blasters in a bucket of water on a number of outlets in the house, every single one of them I had put out some amount of voltage.
[/quote]

Could you feel it through the Bigfoot hands? Or did it just make your hair stick up ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curiousphil

Super Active Member
unibob link said:
[quote author=BIGSHOW link=topic=8353.msg91267#msg91267 date=1398252929]

Thanks for the compliments BIGSHOW.  I sure hope they have improved their design.  When you say leak, you mean leak voltage right?  If not voltage, where would it leak water? 
What are you using now?

-dan

Sorry Dan, leak voltage, not water.  I use the new vertex pumps and the waveline pumps.  I tested each of my water blasters in a bucket of water on a number of outlets in the house, every single one of them I had put out some amount of voltage.
[/quote]

Could you feel it through the Bigfoot hands? Or did it just make your hair stick up ? Lol

[/quote]

LOL

Austin

How is the new vertex pumps? Saw a pic of the v6 I think looks sick would match all my other vertex stuff

Austin L.

deeznutz

Neopimp link said:
Go reeflo :)

I"m leaning towards them now, thanks

BIGSHOW link said:
What are you using now?

-dan

[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying the voltage leak.  As mentioned above, I think the Reeflo will meet my needs best.

Austin link said:
How is the new vertex pumps? Saw a pic of the v6 I think looks sick would match all my other vertex stuff

Austin L.

So I've decided to go with the Reeflo Super dart/Snapper Gold Hybrid 955gph @ 14' head pressure.

deeznutz

So big news in the deeznutz build!
My tank showed up yesterday!

file-110.jpg

file-109.jpg

file-108.jpg

file-107.jpg

file-106.jpg

Here she is in it's location.  Man this is heavy.  Took 4 dudes to move it comfortably.

4 months in the making, my vision is coming together :)
file-111.jpg

file-115.jpg

Just messing around
file-113.jpg

file-112.jpg

I'm very excited now.  I think I'm in love.  I have a lot more to post!  Stand should be here tomorrow.

deeznutz

Heres the stand getting it's first layer of Benjamin Moore Dove white (OC17)paint. 

file-124.jpg

file-123.jpg

I've also decided to go with the Reeflo Superdart/Snapper Gold Hybrid
955gph @14' of head pressure.

Thoughts, ideas and/or straight up criticism, please let me know before I'm too far into the build
Much more to come!!!

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Man, that is one beautiful tank. I don't know much about external pumps, but I hear good things about that pump, I know most that own have a few extra parts on hand (impeller), seals and stuff. (Don't recall them being used though)

deeznutz

monizb link said:
Victoss link said:
Wow this looks like an awesome build, keep up the good work! :)
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=curiousphil link=topic=8353.msg91458#msg91458 date=1398429940]
NICE! This is going to look amazing once everything comes together.

big +1
[/quote]
curiousphil link said:
NICE! This is going to look amazing once everything comes together.

Thanks for al the compliments guys.

unibob link said:
Man, that is one beautiful tank. I don't know much about external pumps, but I hear good things about that pump, I know most that own have a few extra parts on hand (impeller), seals and stuff. (Don't recall them being used though)

Thanks Jerry, I'll take your advise.
davesolo29 link said:
Tank looks awesome.

Thanks man

davesolo29 link said:
Hope you don't have kids.  That white will have handprints galore.  I know it would at my house. 

Yup I got two of them.  A new born and  4 year old.  Shes pretty good though.

deeznutz

So my stand showed up today!

I gotta say, I'm very pleased with the turn out so far.  There are a few blemishes that have to be re-touched once I get all the holes drill etc.

I'm also going to cut out he baseboards so I can get the stand right up against the wall.  I want it to have a built in look.  I have to run power to the stand.

file-145.jpg

file-144.jpg

file-146.jpg

Yesterday, I decided my fishroom should be finished properly with drywall.  So I had a buddy come over and we moved my frag tank.  Thanks Lloyd (Benzzz) You da man!

Which was here.

file-126.jpg

And then moved it here.
file-120.jpg

This is what I got done with the framing that day.
file-122.jpg

file-121.jpg

Austin

Looks fantastic in that spot can't wait to see the stand in person

Austin L.

deeznutz

Update from this weekends progress

So on sunday, I was lucky enough to have another fish buddy come over and give me a hand.  We finished the last interior wall, ran the electrical, insulated and wrapped it.  I'm pretty happy with it so far. 

I'm going to double check the electrical plugs and make sure they are where I want them to be before the drywall goes up.:spin1:

Am I missing anything?  Is there something I should be considering in this fish room before the dry wall goes up?

here are a few pics of the fish room.

file-148.jpg

file-147.jpg

Marz

Although most people don't do this since it's an interior wall, are you expecting the fish room to be noisy? If so, you could insulate the inside wall. I have done this in areas where I don't want noise "bleeding" into common areas, especially if you are going to ever finish the entire basement for say a move theatre ;)