Flame Bubble Tip Annenome

Canadianeh

As long as you have cleaned your hands appropriately you can stick your hands in the water from time to time. ..
True but I rather not if I can avoid it. I have an idea!! It involves kent feeding tool and a metal wire. I will post photo if it works :)

jondevans93

Uh oh so looks like we have a gaping mouth now. From spitting up its food possible hunger or just not good?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

vdubz

Mine used to spit out its food on occasion after half a day or so. Probably consumed whatever it wanted and spit the rest out. Not a big deal. Used to feed it chopped up pieces of frozen shrimp from the grocery store. Have dinner, save one for the tank. I would give a piece to all my softies, and my plate corals. Fed mine twice a week, but some people never directly feed.

jondevans93

I guess anenomes are just full of personality and act weird lol.

I syphoned out some sandbed and did a good size water change while doing so. Checked my saltinity levels before hand and matched it with the new batch. Kent marine salt and putting it in at 1.025

Everything looks happy. I did remove the piece of shrimp and it had a funky smell to it but i guess it was sitting in the anenome all night. Im guessing the other inhabitants would have scavenged it but i didnt want to leave protein sitting in thete polluting the water. Will check params again hoping phosphates will have gone now.

Canadianeh

My RBTA
20170121_203356_zps8k3z5ocn.jpg

jondevans93

9233dc206c306e49311970ef2335527d.jpg

Update the anenome is doing really well and came home to one clown swimming inside the tentacles so pretty pumped.... of course they wont go near it while they see me

jondevans93

Why did you decide to put him there?
I wanted it to be the focal point. My idea for this tank is anenomes and xenia. I just put the nem on the rock and he picked where he wanted he did start in the back of the rocks

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I wanted it to be the focal point. My idea for this tank is anenomes and xenia. I just put the nem on the rock and he picked where he wanted he did start in the back of the rocks

I was being a bit sarcastic, the damn things go exactly where you really don't want them. I bought a huge condy and the first morning he decided to have a tentacle fight with a power head and lost 1/3 of his tentacles. Then I covered the power heads with foam. A weeks later I come home from work and the tank is a goopy mess you can hardly see the fish. He finally finished himself off and almost everything else

jondevans93

I was being a bit sarcastic, the damn things go exactly where you really don't want them. I bought a huge condy and the first morning he decided to have a tentacle fight with a power head and lost 1/3 of his tentacles. Then I covered the power heads with foam. A weeks later I come home from work and the tank is a goopy mess you can hardly see the fish. He finally finished himself off and almost everything else
Oh no thats terrible Im afraid mine will venture out on the glass and find the power head buti made sure he cant be on any rock and reach it as precautions

jondevans93

Hey guys so my larger clown i guess the female? Is now living her life in the anenome all day and night she loves it. The other i guess the male wont go near the nem these 2 were inseparable i was hoping they would become a breeding pair... now that the clown wont go in my nem and the other wont come out whats my chances here

jondevans93

20170210_185047.jpg

df7c0c788a231ce0ec2159523661d134.jpg

ea0c49e643077fba09273b7f5d49615a.jpg

Really hope someone sees this post im very concerned my nem took a turn for the worst here or i hope is just splitting but im really concerned this is death

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
It's really hard to tell from the pic... nems do funny things some times.... keep an eye out for it just in case... if it dies it will become a mess and remove it asap.

jondevans93

c915ffac5638f0028db0b71e76444ad1.jpg

Looks like hes moved today but looks a lot worse than this morning

jondevans93

Well origianlly it was my lights that caused some ussues i had uv at almost 100% so thats been righted..... im missing tentacle tips maybe 4 or 5 yellow tips are left on this guy but he still has walked and moved so i think its alive... im suspecting my emarlad crab may be the cause.. any thoughts on that?