Jeffo's 115ish

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Work harder it'll keep you warm ;), I thought you were getting a heater

Haha that is actually effective to an extent. Still plan on getting heater, just haven't decided what type to get. This bitter cold came out of nowhere! Thought I'd be able to get tank/stand/canopy ready to go before temperature became an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Cold weather = git r done! A little sanding and paint, canopy done.
05348b64152156c542b900c06e185e95.jpg
61e776db5c2a0483735cb023b295d28f.jpg

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Nice job. What kind of paint are you going to use?

The outside will be tremclad rust paint. Tough as nails I have found. Even stands up to kids toys being bumped into it! The inside of the canopy will probably be spray on truck bed lining. I built a canopy for a member on here about a year ago, and apparently the lining stunk like crazy. I must've been nose blind, as i could only smell it while i was applying it, then nothing the next day. Waiting to hear back from him to see if the smell ever dissipated.

Derek Khan

Whats your reasoning on the bed liner on the inside? personally I would think a high gloss white might help with lighting

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Whats your reasoning on the bed liner on the inside? personally I would think a high gloss white might help with lighting

Lighting is not my concern, moisture is. The canopy will be fully enclosed, except for a few ventilation/cord/hose holes in the back. For whatever reason, tremclad doesn't hold up well to constant humidity. Bedliner is watertight. I did have some rubberized coating from @scubasteve, but unfortunately it got left behind when I moved.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I think i need a low voc tremclad replacement. Seems I'm going to have to paint inside due to damn winter temps. No way i can use tremclad in the house (damn kids!). Suggestions?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I'm planning on ordering around 80 snails of various types. Some for daughter's 30g, and some for my 115g. Sounds crazy, but would it be possible to keep them all in the 30g until the 115g is up and running? Never heard of a tank being overstocked with snails...

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
My Hydor 300w inline heater finally arrived yesterday. Took about 6 hours to take my water from 66 to 77, which is about double what hydor claims it can do, given my tank volume. So far the most efficient heater I've owned, and I've had plenty!

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Light has been ordered, so just about done spending too much money! Has anybody used seachem stability to cycle? Does it work, or is it snake oil? I'm in no hurry, but my sand (which is "live" but 2 years expired) and dry rock are new. Also, i have a large rock i took out of my daughter's tank a couple months ago, which has been sitting outside since. Would adding that to my tank now cause any issues?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Got my second light today. Ordered last Wednesday night. Not bad direct from Hong Kong! Unfortunately, my canopy does not close properly. Long explanation short, something warped (I'm guessing it's weather/temp related), but hopefully some sanding will fix it. Anyway, here it is sans canopy. Just need to order a Crossflow and construction/assembly will be complete.
b42bcbe292ccd6188a7f051d2ff6ff7b.jpg