Kevin's 200g Mix Reef

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Just run the damn program and don't waste a whole year like I did. lol
that's what im afraid of, it has endless possibilities and I can mess anything up given enough leeway. Its an amazing light. too bad I only have one I cant use the lunar effect :( lol

deeznutz

It's tried and true, so I don't see why you would be afraid to try it. Just start your acclimation at 50% and carry it over 4-5 weeks.
Set and forget, enjoy the colours.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Sorry I'm a little dense, what program are we taking about? I don't have a reef link so I just went on eco smart live and played around with clouds,and checked out the demos. I then created a custom program and set it at 30% for 4 weeks and left it. It starts at 10 am very low like 2% then 30 by 2pm an by 9 pm back to 2% all ramped up and down.

deeznutz

If you would like, I can send you my program. By all means, I'm not saying it's the best one out there. It's just done well for me and my sps.
I remember reading the led threads and a lot of people complained about reds, I have no problems with reds.

Send me you email and I'll send you the link

-dan

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
If you would like, I can send you my program. By all means, I'm not saying it's the best one out there. It's just done well for me and my sps.
I remember reading the led threads and a lot of people complained about reds, I have no problems with reds.

Send me you email and I'll send you the link

-dan
Yes please, I pm'ed you :)

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
It like a 10 day update on light change. I don't know what I do, but corals seem ok so far. I still notice growth in some corals I think, it seem like it to me. My anemone are even bigger than it was. Colors of corals are not lost, Humm maybe too early to tell???. One positive think I noticed for sure are two large frag of acro that I have for a very long time witch are brown out. One was like 9 month and the other one I got from Jordan like a year and half, can't seem to color it up. After about 10 under this light ,now the base has turn green.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
And this coral had darkens, seem like it time to move it up higher. Need to find a space for it first:). Here a pic. to show!

Attachments

• IMG_20151013_222005_edit.jpg
    IMG_20151013_222005_edit.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 80

deeznutz

The colours are going to look different because your light spectrum and source is different. Like Ericmah said, don't mess around. The changes are going to be gradual weather it is good or bad. I would e taking some good pictures to document the transition.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Which coral that you got from me is still browned out Kevin? Good to hear its getting some color...

Kman

Super Active Member
Till people get experience with LED they are tricky. Till you do always error on the side of caution and take it slow. Nothing worse then the feeling of you knowing if you would have just left your coral in the original location you would still have it. When LED go wrong they can go wrong fast. If you did more a sps to a position that is to high of light the tissue will melt off like nothing you have seen.Best case it bleaches.

Over the next few weeks you will notice a difference in the corals. Any soft, anemone or lps will show the first signs and will expand more and look brighter in color. The SPS will also change but are usually slower to respond.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I wouldn't move anything yet kt. Everything may look alright still. But you've stressed everything out with the new light. Be patient like you have.

I personally wouldn't be moving a thing for at least another week or two

Sony Xperia Z3
The colours are going to look different because your light spectrum and source is different. Like Ericmah said, don't mess around. The changes are going to be gradual weather it is good or bad. I would e taking some good pictures to document the transition.
No worry I just move the one as it was under led at aquarium by design when I bought it
Which coral that you got from me is still browned out Kevin? Good to hear its getting some color...
I don't know the coral name, I will try to take a pic later tonight maybe you can remember. It funny all this time it hasn't grow a bit. Just encrusted a little, I think the led spectrum just work it up from a long sleep lol

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
It this one Jordan! I don't know if you remember it after this long. It didn't grow at all, just encrusted a little lol. After taking the pic and look at it, it look more like bleaching than coloring up.

Attachments

• IMG_20151015_195444_edit.jpg
    IMG_20151015_195444_edit.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 86

jroovers

Super Active Member
It isn't ringing any immediate bells, my memory is poop these days :p It does look bleached out. I'll think about it and see if I can figure it out... was it on that plug when you got it from me?

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Well well..... feeding time was low on live stock so add a couple to up the counts lol. Add a juvenile naso tang ( love this fish, I used to have one but for unknown reason I lost him). Second is a large cbb ( I had one that take care of the aptasia and ever since I lost it, the aptasia are growing back full time. Hope this one live because It have a job to do lol). Third is a foxface, this is my first foxface fish ever so dunno what to become of it yet. Pic to show :D

Attachments

• IMG_20151017_222605_edit.jpg
    IMG_20151017_222605_edit.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20151017_222552_edit1.jpg
    IMG_20151017_222552_edit1.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited: