Locally Raised Live Zooplankton: Copepods And Rotifers

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
They are bottled at ~1.19-1.22, depending on if I am asked for more phytoplankton in the bottle. The cultures are bred in ~1.22 salinity. I can also bottle them at the same salinity of your tank so they have some time to acclimatize before you add them. I gather my own cultures in 1.24-1.25 (my tank's salinity) with no phyto and allow them to acclimate for a very short period of time before adding them, but I can't say for certain how big of a difference that makes to them seeding.

Last edited:

SamB

Super Active Member
I am definite for travel from David Captan to Windsor area May 27
2 forum members booked for my "pod run" but room for more

Important note: I will pick up the pods from David on the evening of May 26 so that I can get out of Toronto early morning on May 27 so please place your order to him May 26 latest

Contact the seller (David) and I am happy to deliver to SW Ontario during the day on May 27
Meet up in Windsor after 5 pm as I am overnight there
Returning to GTA on May 28

Really great product and we should all be very happy that David is culturing these creatures locally rather than sourcing from the U.S. !

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
I've got a few bottles already going along with Sam for the Windsor area trip next week. If anyone else would like a bottle, be sure to message me!

Kjay

David the ones samb are bringing me can salinity be done at 1.24 that's what I keep my tanks at

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
Last call for the Windsor/SW Ontario run. If you'd like a bottle make sure to contact me. If you aren't sure if SamB is stopping near you, send me or him a PM.

Thanks!

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Looks like I might need some of this to feed the little clowns that keep appearing in the tank. When might next order be coming west?

SamB

Super Active Member
Hi All
I'm heading to Cambridge, Guelph, Brantford this week - no, not all in one day ! :p
Please PM David if you need a bottle this week

SamB

Super Active Member
Hi Everyone
I'm heading to Cambridge / Guelph area on Wed June 3
Generally travelling during daytime (business) hours so that I can avoid as much of the traffic in TO as possible :oops::eek:
PM David to pay for your order and please PM me for drop off arrangements
Great pods !!
Sam

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
Anyone who would like a bottle in the Cambridge/Guelph area on Wednesday be sure to send me a PM, I will have it bottled up right before Sam hits the road.

Thanks!

SamB

Super Active Member
Hi All
I'm heading to Woodstock and Stratford on June 18 and I can transport David's pods to towns like;
Woodstock, Brooksdale, Tavistock, Innerkip etc
Leaving Toronto that morning so drop offs would be throughout the day
Order through David and he will co-ordinate
Sam