LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - JUNE 1, 2013

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Re: LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Salty Cracker link said:
How about a good compromise... that pre-sold items aren't displayed on the tables?  Would that work? 

What about a minimum price for frags?  We're all aware of the price-wars that erupt around here where someone has a $10 frag and suddenly there is a $9 frag.  Or just leave it to good old 'what the market will bear'?  I'm just throwing ideas out there now, I really just want a fun time for all.  I'm likely with Jerry... anything I make will likely go to someone else with killer pieces :)
if yu go to the michigan forums. Where they have have presales and a whatcha bringing thread spme ppl do pay ahead and have them bringthem to the swap. ..but they dont display the coral sold ahead of the event

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Exactly....Presales are between the buyer and seller. The group putting on the event does not need to intervene here IMO......the event would simply provide a nice meeting spot for the two to interchange and also enjoy the event itself.....
Presales and trades between hobbyists and vendors should always be welcomed before, during, or even after the event but again should not interfere with the event itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin

Is there an ATM on site?

davesolo29

Super Active Member

i have nothing against pre sales.... just try to leave some available for the guys that didnt preorder.  i mean,... if you are selling your SSC or pearlberry and have 10 pieces of each available... leave at least two or three for the guys that didnt preorder.  lol

as for pricing?  let your corals quality and health speak for itself.  I dont care if one guy is selling the same coral for half price if the quality isnt the same.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Heh, now have had both monavie AND arbonne trying to get a table.  I sure hope they can't sue me for the reply I gave them (MLM companies are not on my supre-happy-fun-list). 

I'll feel foolish if we end up with empty tables though ;)

P

phi delt reefer

Salty Cracker link said:
Heh, now have had both monavie AND arbonne trying to get a table.  I sure hope they can't sue me for the reply I gave them (MLM companies are not on my supre-happy-fun-list). 

what you talkin about willis?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

I put an ad on kijiji looking for sponsor tables. I guess I wasn't specific enough, so I got a doofus from monavie and an airhead from arbonne (I had to look up what it was), asking for tables.  These are MLM (multi-level marketing) people, more or less pyramid schemes.  They both wanted a table at the meet so that they can sell you juice and I think skin products, and convince everyone why they too, should sell their fantastic products. 

NO THANKS :)

spyd

Super Active Member

Salty Cracker link said:

Damn! I'm going to miss out on my opportunity to sign up with them now!!! Ah well, guess I am going to have to go with my plan B and buy frags at the event instead.... :?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

Salty Cracker link said:
I put an ad on kijiji looking for sponsor tables. I guess I wasn't specific enough, so I got a doofus from monavie and an airhead from arbonne (I had to look up what it was), asking for tables.  These are MLM (multi-level marketing) people, more or less pyramid schemes.  They both wanted a table at the meet so that they can sell you juice and I think skin products, and convince everyone why they too, should sell their fantastic products. 

+1,

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

Salty Cracker link said:

You sure, my wife could do an Avon table if you want.

sunnykita

Super Active Member

then all the wives will want to come and there goes the big plans for adding to the collection LOL
just kiddin !

P

phi delt reefer

ahhhhhh... gotcha... f*ck those guys...

sunnykita

Super Active Member

sunnykita link said:
then all the wives will want to come and there goes the big plans for adding to the collection LOL
just kiddin !

or you could give the wives their own section and the opportunity to spend and everybody's happy LOL  :?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

I thought the wives were the ones preparing the food? If they want to shop, pick frags for the tank.

P

phi delt reefer

jerry_doucette link said:
I thought the wives were the ones preparing the food? If they want to shop, pick frags for the tank.

you'll end up with a tank of GSP, pulsing zenia and blue cloves....

I agree that they should be making food though...

Reef Hero

Super Active Member

phi delt reefer link said:
[quote author=jerry_doucette link=topic=4499.msg42784#msg42784 date=1362140734]

[/quote]

Those are my wife's favorite...... I'm still eradicating the Pom Pom lol.....

sunnykita

Super Active Member

Reef Hero link said:
[quote author=phi delt reefer link=topic=4499.msg1#msg1 date=1362144728]
[quote author=jerry_doucette link=topic=4499.msg42784#msg42784 date=1362140734]

[/quote]

Hmmmm, seems I'm in agreement with the wives, I like them too LOL

Those are my wife's favorite...... I'm still eradicating the Pom Pom lol.....

[/quote]