LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - JUNE 1, 2013

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
This event was fantastic.  IMO the turnout was pretty good considering this was a first time event.  I can't thank Glenn enough as well as all the others who were mentioned as helpers and volunteers.  I had a great time chatting with people and raising some money for charity, overall a very fun day.

The event was a complete success and the countdown begins to the second ANNUAL Fragfest!

Dave

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Big_Als_London link said:
I have drawn a winner for the 90 gallon aquarium.  Please check your emails...

Congratulations to the winner of the tank ! What a great donation ! All of the prizes were great, and I am extremely happy with my light!
I'm looking forward to the next one

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I must say that I was very impressed with how the event went and the turnout! Big thanks to salty for organizing everything and allowing me to help out....it made me feel important :) haha no need at all to thank me however because I had lots of time to browse around afterwards, mingle with hobbysists and vendors. Surprisingly there was still quite a few frags left that I wanted when I got time to browse around with my wallet out. I really wanted the BIGSHOW raffle prize because let's face it, it was awesome!!! I dumped quite a few arm lengths into that box......congrats to the winner tho!!! And all the winners for that matter!! Who won the 90g?!?!
I just want to end this post by thanking all the vendors who came out because without them we would have just been a bunch of coral junkies wandering around senselessly. It looked like there was a lot of work, time, and money put into each vendors setup and hopefully they were able to make some $$$ back. Oh and let's not forget about all the raffle prizes a lot of the vendors put up as well.......just terrific work there guys!!! Looking forward to doing it all over again next year!!

blair

i would also like to thank salty the people that helped put this on and all the venders, had a great time got sum nice pieces and put sum faces to names def worth the drive, lol even the girlfriend was picking frags out looking forward to the next one!! well done guys

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
One thing that a gentleman mentioned to me really struck me, he said " how does a small saltwater community pull of this awesome first time event , and big cities in ontario like Toronto haven't had anything.... "

I think that in the future there will be more of these frag swaps building of the success of this one!!

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
www.sustainablemarinecanada.ca
We would like to thank the organizers of the show for a job well done! We were pleased with the turn out! We would also like to thank everyone who took the time to come over to the store after the show ! All in all a successful day. Glad to meet new faces and see our friends.
We appreciate your support as always as we continue to grow and expand !
Thanks to all !
Sealife Central
Gary, Ian and Linda 8)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I really should have bought that cool peninsula tank and stand from reef wholesale....$200. 

A lot of pressure for a Toronto show, but it does alienate areas like windsor, detroit, ect, and then I venture into the politics of the 'Toronto zone' which is more sticky than our area...and I only scratched the surface.  However, dammit, now we all have these cool portable frag tanks sitting around collection dust (kudos to J_T btw, those tanks are awesome...you see the guy that won the auction one?  I should have got his name since he'll obviously be good to go next year lol).

So while http://torontofragfest.ca/ is still a possibility, I need to depressurize from this one before I give it a thought.  Trina pointed out that macna is in Sept, so that would be out, but late Oct/ early Nov might be good and roads should still be clear.  It's a possibility.  I do think there will definitely be a London one next spring, but likely April instead of June, god's sake I lost 5lbs hauling stuff around. 

I plan to spend some time scoping out venues for next year, this one was okay, but man, that country western band chased everyone out of the bar!! :)

Flazky

Website Affiliate
Website
krakensreef.com
Alright. Had a few people rush me for the photos so here they are:

dsc05937ro.jpg

dsc064129.jpg

dsc064431.jpg

dsc064330.jpg

dsc064028.jpg

dsc063527.jpg

[img=1400x934]http://imageshack.us/a/img200/2366/dsc063426.jpg[/img]
dsc063125.jpg

dsc062824.jpg

dsc062423.jpg

dsc062322p.jpg

dsc061921.jpg

dsc061720.jpg

dsc061519.jpg

dsc061418.jpg

dsc061217.jpg

dsc060210.jpg

dsc060511.jpg

dsc061116.jpg

dsc061015.jpg

dsc060914.jpg

dsc060712.jpg

dsc05999mo.jpg

dsc05948m.jpg

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Royal Aquariums got called away last minute, I know a few people asked about it.  It would have been really good for people to see the bulk additives they have (and dammit I need a refill, I'm running on fumes over here!) :)

Hopefully they make it next year, they're really nice guys. 

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Salty Cracker link said:
Awesome :)  I can finally see the tables I never made it around to see when they were up and running.
i had your bayer in the bag but stooped yu mid stream between tables ...lol...but i left it alone when it was gettig busy and crowded

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Petercar link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4499.msg52430#msg52430 date=1370202593]
Awesome :)  I can finally see the tables I never made it around to see when they were up and running.
i had your bayer in the bag but stooped yu mid stream between tables ...lol...but i left it alone when it was gettig busy and crowded
[/quote]

Damn!  Yeah I was pretty frazzled yesterday all told, I was sort of on short-circuit overload, I think my blood pressure came down about 20 points today lol.  I'd like to have it on hand for the inevitable infestation, although I plan to hit the vet for some interceptor in the next week or so since it's feal and tick season lol.