London Frag Fest 2014 - Sunday April 13, 2014! - Vendor Map Updated!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: London Frag Fest 2014 - Sunday April 13, 2014!

First post updated with new tables.  Below is pic of part of lower level, it's a walkout so not a "basement".  I think there are blinds so that you can get optimum lighting for your precious.  I talked to the BBQ cook and he said it will be "no problem" doing the BBQ again this year.... sausage, fries, burgers, and of course, the bar is open from 1-4.  :)

Reef Hero

Super Active Member

That's a lot of light coming in from outside.....going to need blinds for sure in the lower level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jewel

Ya I noticed that too, I assumed the top level was the same cause I haven't bin there.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Upside has not so many windows, but they all have those heavy horizontal wood blinds so I think it will be fine. The tables along the window wall last time were good I think?

The space is a good size, but most if not all the tables are 8 feet long, and that takes up space real quick.  I think there were some 6' tables too, but not sure. 

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin

And we can have a dart tournament...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

First post has a pic of how I imagine the lower level working out.  They don't have a billion tables down there, but I counted at least 13.  BBQ is just outside from that. 

PLUS TONS OF PARKING!!!!    ;D

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin

Lol thats the best combo:)

Jewel

You know what, I think I might want to be on the bottom floor, Close to the Bar, BBQ, Smoking Room and the walk out or walk in.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Jewel link said:
You know what, I think I might want to be on the bottom floor, Close to the Bar, BBQ, Smoking Room and the walk out or walk in.

Yeah, me too if things were different.  It's comfy down there.  They ask me to join the legion every time I go in.  Not many of the old guys left anymore.  Which is sad.  There's actually a whiteboard that says who is in what hospital.  Brought a tear to my eye today.  Lest we forget. 

Jewel

The Legions are hurting for Members, I know if you had a relative that was a Veteran then that meant you could join. Now I think they want just about any one to join.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

[size=2em]PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE:[/size]

Our very own superstar, RICK of THEFRAGTANK fame, will be setting up a shop at the fest.  Not to sell coral, oh no, he is going to be the lord poohbah emmisary for thefragtank.ca!  Spreading the good word of gospel and all things fragtankish.  Look for him there, love him, cuddle him (but not too rough!).  He is there to answer your thought, questions, silly gripes and concerns about ideas and content on thefragtank.ca  Think that stores should be allowed to ban noisy peasants on thefragtank.ca?  Well here is your chance to tell him why. 

We may even set up a dunk tank out back ;)

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin

Lol dunk tank :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE:

Sealife Central will be joining the insanity of the 'fest.  As most know their retail location is located quite close to the location of the fragfest, quite a few meandered over there this year I believe!  Be sure to chat them up about the stock they have there, the stock at the store and the stuff they can get in.  :) 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
AdamS link said:
Wait, rick is not selling corals... :-(

I feel like Rob Ford now that his crack dealer is gone.

You'd just kill them all anyway  ;)

Seriously though, you should come by some time and chat about what might be different from your tank to mine, I don't think there's much difference...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Okay, so from, last year I only haven't heard from CAD light Aquariums, Reefertees, Bela Nagy, FRAGALOT, and REEF ESCAPE.  I know fragalot was a bit put off last year, and CAD has to come from Ottawa, so maybe understandable.  So if anyone has any inside links to the doods in Toronto.  I heard ORG didn't think London was worth the trip (or maybe it was Reef Raft), but maybe they might change their minds this year... if you have their ear tell em to move fast, otherwise there will be an arbonne table (I have no idea why they keep asking to come!).  Just a thought as it would be good to get some of these guys out to London with their leet wares.  It looks like I have maybe 10 tables left, which is pretty good for ~6 months early.  I would just like to have everyone booked, the hall rented (done), the posters done up, and the cooler bags designed and ordered.  then I can concentrate on begging for raffle items.

Oh hey, if anyone DOES have a lead on raffle items...let me know.  Like last year I'm not forcing anyone to donate anything, it will be goodwill only, so stock up on good karma today and dig up some raffle stuffs!  :)