Looking For Biocube Or Similar

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
www.sustainablemarinecanada.ca
I have a spare refractometer. I got it with my Biocube and was just saving it for a backup. It's a cheap Ebay one but it works. I've compared the readings with the one I'm using now and they are the same. I also have tons of 1/4" Banded Trochus snails and could donate a handful if needed. However I do have to work tomorrow. (Fri.) But I will be home in the evening or Sat. if anybody is coming to London then. :cool:

Let me know. Dave.
Hi Dave, I will be going over Saturday with stuff for the tank. I could arrange to take your donation over for you :)

OK Cool. Let me know roughly what time and I'll have the items ready. I'm not sure what other snails/cuc are being added. How many snails would be good for this tank ... maybe 6-10? Don't want to overload the tank right off the bat. LOL Let me know what sounds good and I'll have them ready. I'll PM my cell number to you as well Ian.

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
I wanted to take a moment to say how proud I am of everybody today.

Its so easy to get caught up in life and in our own problems. It's refreshing to see a bunch of people band together out of nowhere to make somebody else happy!
I would like to send a personal thank you to Zoomster and Shooter for stepping up to the plate!

I would also like to thank Torx for bringing this idea to my attention and for making sure the right people were in the know :)

I am very proud to be a member of this group today and also a member of this hobby! This is what the hobby should be about. Helping and encouraging others! Setting aside our own daily obligations and doing something good, simply because we can!

Im very sure she's not looking for accolades, but I'm going to give them anyway.

To me the person who deserves the most praise and Kudo's is
BonnieK!
She took the time and energy to start all this when she and her son are dealing with their own challenges.

I say well done BonnieK. You are the kind of person we should all aspire to be and I'm proud to now know u.

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
OK Cool. Let me know roughly what time and I'll have the items ready. I'm not sure what other snails/cuc are being added. How many snails would be good for this tank ... maybe 6-10? Don't want to overload the tank right off the bat. LOL Let me know what sounds good and I'll have them ready. I'll PM my cell number to you as well Ian.
sounds good, I'm bringing a few cuc and things too so not too many i think

zoomster

Just thinking here,
Nobody has mentioned test kits. @Shooter000 , @Bonniek, do you know if Colin had test kits included in the sale? If not, Jordan will need some asap.
Probably a starter set including ammonia, NO2 / NO3, PO4, Ph and of course the big 3.

BonnieC

Just thinking here,
Nobody has mentioned test kits. @Shooter000 , @Bonniek, do you know if Colin had test kits included in the sale? If not, Jordan will need some asap.
Probably a starter set including ammonia, NO2 / NO3, PO4, Ph and of course the big 3.

Hadn't thought about that

Maybe I can online order some and ship to him! Looking into it now. Thanks for reminding me!

zoomster

Ya, and I don't think I have any spares.
A test kit, especially when first getting a tank
Is pretty essential IMO. And just realized nobody had mentioned it.
Maybe you could get them from reefdiver and he could even show Jordan how to use them??? :) - just a thought Bonnie.

BonnieC

Ya, and I don't think I have any spares.
A test kit, especially when first getting a tank
Is pretty essential IMO. And just realized nobody had mentioned it.
Maybe you could get them from reefdiver and he could even show Jordan how to use them??? :) - just a thought Bonnie.

Glad you thought of it! Slipped my mind!!

quikcolin

Hey everyone. Wow, this is incredible!! All the support is amazing, this little guy is going to be over the moon :)

I have Nitrate / Ammonia / Nitrite test kits that will be included. 2 water change pails. Siphon hose. Sponge and hard cleaning "scrapers" - is that the technical term? A separate mag-drive pump (for mixing salt and water). Kent Hydrometer.

I'm getting out of the salt water world due to limited time to dedicate to maintaining and look after it. Due to this, over the last few days, the tank has had a mild alge bloom (not bad, just minor). All your expertise will be a big help to this little guy!!! No doubt you all can get him sorted out and off on the right foot.

The tank, and lights and stand are all perfect! I think he's going to be super happy! The fish are happy and healthy, my wife and I will be sad to see them go :(

Looking forward to seeing where he (and all of you) take the tank!!

Here's a pic of the tank this evening :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36