Moving Up To 220

Jason Bell

Lol, ya I wish. Building the stand for the mixing station tomorrow, so that will be ready. Still have to mount the new RODI and waiting on a few more Neptune pieces to arrive.

The mental debate last night was sand or no sand...I'm still not decided.

Last edited:

Jason Bell

Part way through the mixing station, will make a little steel stand for them tomorrow, best part these ones fit where they need to go, the occasional measuring helps lol.

20210307_192245~2_compress16.jpg

Jason Bell

Finally started getting water in the tank, started running it at 10pm last night, this is 5:30 this morning.
20210313_052227_compress59.jpg

Huge difference in water production with the BRS 200 unit. I did end up with sand, bought the 6 bags I could find and have ordered another 3, nothing I could get local to me. Was able to hit up Aquarium Depot in Mississauga, grabbed another DOS and the balance of my water change plumbing.

They had some beautiful corals in stock, I'll be headed there once this gets all settled down.

Jason Bell

Well tank is full and running, by that a couple heaters and return pump. Added the rest of my sand that arrived and the salt, sitting around 1.025 which is the same as my current tanks.

20210314_193016_compress89.jpg

Mixing station done and moved where it needs to be, just have to mount the rodi unit and then figure out the most logical place for the pumps and such for the auto change.

20210314_192932_HDR_compress73.jpg

Jason Bell

So after a stupid/over tired/too much on the go mistake the overflow is silent. For some reason I had my full syphon on the open line and not on the gate valve. Anyway, that is resolved, a couple bottles of bacteria has been added, another 2 tonight and 2 tomorrow with the bio-pellets to kick things off. Still contemplating what skimmer I am going with, I have the Nyos that I bought for it, but I think I'm going in another direction. 1 light up to check things out. There will be 5 total.

20210315_201009_HDR_compress2~2.jpg
20210315_201112_HDR_compress77~2.jpg

Jason Bell

bud can’t be worst then me tanks been up for almost a year and still haven’t got my lights up yet lmao
Ouch...the GF would move me and the tank out. I am in kind of a waiting pattern until I get my stand covers, I don't want to connect everything then have to take it all apart to rewire in the cabinets. I can easily connect up all the Vortech units, just won't bother with backup power for now. No way do I want to get the Apex all wired in as that would be a cable nightmare.

I am hoping to re-home a couple large lagoon damsels and a pair of Maroon clowns to give me some space for other fish I want, but we shall see.

Jason Bell

This is looking great, which bacteria did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use BioSpira and EcoBak, my current setup I filled on the 5th and had fish with corals in there on the 11th. Typically dose a couple bottles, then add pellet reactor then dose couple more bottles and finally turn on the skimmer. Seems to work for me.

Seasquirt

Looks good bud, you must be excited, so you went with sand, it just look so much normal with the sand, i was on the fence as well but maybe next time.

I think if you've got really good flow the sand won't be a big issue, i added more course to mine and I'm happy that i did.

Looking forward to seeing this up close and personal.

Jason Bell

A little update as work has been crazy, the 4 MP40's are going well and wave cycle sorted out. Bio pellet unit is up and working, skimmer is doing well, half the Neptune gear is setup, lots to finish off this weekend.

20210330_203957_HDR~2_compress73.jpg

Progress on the tank skin.

IMG_20210330_204659.jpg

IMG_20210330_204703.jpg

Seasquirt

Jason? You know just as well as I that you’re never finished, there’s always something to change up or add or just because, I am constantly working on my system, don’t get too hung up on what you can’t finish today.

Only you know what’s not done, your tank is settling in and starting to do its thing, there nothing you can do to help it mature. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasquirt

I have one Reef tank and thats it, one is enough but i do have a 60 gl tropical thats a breeze to look after, my wifes tank really.

1 salty is enough, too much money and time to give everything you have to look after more than one. In your case you had a succesful tank and upgraded to the new tank, i wish i had the space fir something bigger.

Take care