Copperkills

Well looks like the doors will be put to the side.

Had another delivery today. I made the stand for my Apex, painted some parts then sent them to @TORX and he came up with this awesome design for grommets and 3D printed these for me. I'm now putting the stand back together and will get my equipment mounted and show you the final product in a few days but couldn't wait to show everyone the great work Torx did for me.View attachment 17804
I think you may have some copyright issues with that lol especially if he who cannot be named was still around.

Winks

Website Affiliate
They are 3D printed. TORX has done some fantastic 3D printing work for me. I'll be showing more pics of his work when I post the installation of the new sump pics.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I think you may have some copyright issues with that lol especially if he who cannot be named was still around.
Already reached out to most companies. Most are not interested unless I am mass producing. They aren't worried about the few pennies from custom work especially because it promoted them.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Winks

Website Affiliate
Not with me. Not sure they would bother with small guys. Besides it's free promotion for them. I'm sure they like seeing their logo out there as much as possible.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
How are they grommets made? Thats pretty neat.

The grommets or trim pieces were made by me. The top section held by Winks is 6 different pieces and the bottom held by me is made from 2 prints for each hole. Winks had dropped the boards off at my house a few weeks ago. I measured, designed and 3D printed each piece. Even the logo was just an image that I converted into a 3D drawing to print. I also have done a lot of custom brackets for his equipment so that his power bricks, wiring and such can be connected to the channels in his extruded aluminum without making anything permanent.

Not with me. Not sure they would bother with small guys. Besides it's free promotion for them. I'm sure they like seeing their logo out there as much as possible.

Exactly. It is also a product that they do not sell or even something similar to something they sell either. I only got push back from one company, but once they found out that it was not going to be mass produced, they didn't care.

Winks

Website Affiliate
A good start! I might have to be sick from work tomorrow so I can get this finished! I don't like it when work gets in the way of the important stuff.

IMG_20181113_230445.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
I'm getting ready to change my sump on Saturday. I'm trying to get as much ready before hand so the flow in the tank will be off for minimal time. Here is a small sample of what needs to be done.

IMG_20181114_223442.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
I had a very busy day yesterday. I decided it was time to get the Bashsea Smart Sump which I bought at @sustainablemarinecanada about 2 weeks ago. I needed to also drill my tank so my return came through the back of the tank rather than over the top.I drilled it on each side of the overflow box which I also moved up in the tank in order to get my water highth closer to the top of the tank. This is what I started with.
IMG_20181117_093309.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
I lowered the water level in the tank to just below the overflow box and removed it. I moved it up about 1 1/2 inches, which I figured would take the water level to where I wanted it. I then turned my attention to the drilling of the return. The drilling went easy. Installed the 2 x 3/4 bulk heads.

IMG_20181117_113814.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
So far my day was going as planned. My goal was to have everything back up and running by 10pm. I started around 7am. As preparedas I was the next step was totally unexpected. I removed the end panel of my stand. The sump is 48x18x16. Once the panel was removed, I measured the opening and found it to be 17 1/2 inches. Oh no! Keep in mind that my tank still has about 50 gallons of water and all of the livestock. I decided that with the strength of the extruded aluminum that as long as I didn't take the top completely off the corners, I should be able to open it up enough to get the sump in. With extreme caution and holding my breath, I moved each side just enough to get the sump in. I quickly got the stand back together since I knew I was pressing my luck.

IMG_20181117_181022.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
So now it's around 7pm. That set me back about 5 hours. So I continue. Things went pretty good after that as I continued to cut and glue pipe for both the overflow which is totally reconfigured and the new returns. Lots of measuring cutting and glueing. But this is the final result.

IMG_20181118_025156.jpg
IMG_20181118_042823.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
I finished the plumping and got it wet at around 2am. I knew that my water volume would go up and I has 20 gallons of freshly mixed water ready. I put it in and it wasn't enough so I started to make more RODI water and make more. Finally at 5am Sunday morning I was satisfied that things were safe and I could get some sleep. I still need to get the rest of the equipment back into the system and the controls back up and running. I calculated the water volume today. At the begining I had about 115 total gallons, I now have 140 total gallons. I'm very happy and it makes it even more worth the pain that I had. The next thing for this build will be going to the Trident system. That is where I have been headed with all these steps.

Winks

Website Affiliate
So the next piece of the puzzle has arrived. I need to get more flow into the tank in order to have so nice looking SPS. It will also help reduce the diatoms that I seem to get from time to time.

MP40WQD.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
A couple new additions to the 110g. It's very hard to go slow now. With the copepods that I have in the system I'm sure that I will be able to support the proper food for this guy

manny.jpg

And this is a pic of the ricordea mushroom. It's not happy yet but I'm sure it will be by tomorrow. The pic does not do it justest and I'll try to get a better one when it's happier.

riddy.jpg