Poseidons 120g Acrylic Reef

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Poopy , lost 3 anthias today. Tested immediately,
All levels good (am, no2, = 0, no3= <5)

They were all neatly piled up under one rock.

I hadn't dosed the cp at this point because I was waiting to get my clowns this weekend and do everything at once.

Sigh.

So I dosed the cp now. Will prob still grab the clowns this weekend so they can get in on the treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
They all did
I have only been feeding twice a day
5 pm and 10pm
You think I starved them ?? :(

Luke.

Distinguished Member
They all did
I have only been feeding twice a day
5 pm and 10pm
You think I starved them ?? :(

I personally would have an auto feedee for them and maybe have it to feed 4 times a day small amounts ? I know @EricTMah has had his for a while (they are beautiful but his hides a lot but said they eat like pigs) lol

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Update: so after dosing the cp, the tang seems clear of ich. I also added 2 beautiful
Clowns from @sirrhc and then have displayed no signs of it.

The tang, the clowns and the lawnmower blenny are the only fish I have seen for awhile, I'm assuming everything else is gone.
Recommended cp treatment is 1 month. So we will leave everything the way it is and monitor closely For the next few weeks.
a9340273863c988dd639464312271921.jpg

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Sort of back tracking a bit, but are the fans on those lights truly silent? I love my fanless dsuny, but considering replacing with the ones you have.

shamous113

Sort of back tracking a bit, but are the fans on those lights truly silent? I love my fanless dsuny, but considering replacing with the ones you have.

I picked up a set of the same lights, the fan's are pretty quiet, id say at full speed the sound the same as a desk top computer.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

cant hear them when there on, they are sweet

i have been leaving mine off, because there really is no purpose for them to be on during this treatment

shamous113, happy you like them, they actually do a nice spread for my 48x24 tank. (i got the rail package as well)
i cant speak to their coral satisfying powers cuz i dont have any just yet, but its going to be softie/lps/zoa reef anyways so im not to concerned.

in other news, haven't seen a spot on the yellow tang since a few days after the dosing (oct 5)

clowns never showed any spots since intro and look healthy and happy.

going to ride this out a full month before jumping to any conclusions.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I'm interested in seeing how these lights work for coral growth and colour. I've always debated about hanging 4 of these over my 120(48x24x24) instead of spending a fortune on two "high" end leds

Do you know if they have uv? Also does the controller allow you to vary the intensity of each channel?

Sony Xperia Z3

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I'm interested in seeing how these lights work for coral growth and colour. I've always debated about hanging 4 of these over my 120(48x24x24) instead of spending a fortune on two "high" end leds

Do you know if they have uv? Also does the controller allow you to vary the intensity of each channel?

Sony Xperia Z3
there are 4 channels, 3 uv (purple?) leds are on their own channel.

you can set the intensity from 1% too 100%

shamous113

• Features
  • DSunY Programmable LED Aquarium Lighting For Coral Reef Growing Tanks Marine, Sunrise Sunset
  • 4PCS Panels + 1 Intelligent Controller
  • Programmer One(44 LEDs): 40 x Cool White 12,000k, 4 x 470nm Blue
  • Programmer Two(12 LEDs): 8 x 395nm UV, 4 x 410nm Purplu
  • Programmer Three(50 LEDs): 24 x 470nm Blue, 24 x 450nm Royal Blue, 12 x 660nm Red
  • Programmer Four(44 LEDs): 4 x Royal Blue 450nm, 40 x Neutral White18000k
  • LED Output Power: 480W=160leds×3W(High efficiency 3W Bridgelux LED chips)
  • Power Consumption:400W±5%
  • Secondary Optical Lens :120° which will wider stronger lights into your tank. Especially good for width ≥16" tank.
  • Lumen: 16800 lumen
  • Working Voltage: AC100V-265V
  • PAR Value:720PAR for Lens can output more PAR

Bayinaung

I myself am looking at light alternatives. I had best colors with combo lighting. my nano's 12" wide so I began with 4 bulb T5. It wasn't enough for the SPS. might be the old fixture I do'nt know. I put 2 chinese black boxes on there - mars and evergrow. got better polyp extension response immediately. but colors faded on SPS over time, likely due to lack of light spectrum beyond the purple they call UV. So I'd be interested to see if you'll be able to maintain SPS coloration on them though you did say you're doing LPS...

I can't place both a T5 and these leds due to the width like I used to on a larger tank without spending a fortune on an ATI hybrid etc. so I'm thinking of tinkering with these LEDs putting more UV and royal blues, and replace the so many white bulbs these fixtures have. Great thing about these chinese boxes is they are cheap enough that it doesn't hurt to tinker with them and looks fairly easy. mind you, I'd never done any soldering in my life.. not that I can recall lol.