Quartapound's 45g Cube Reef

Quartapound

Thanks guys! I've made made a few more additions recently that I've yet to post about, picked up a few more corals from Kevin... Since adding David's Copepods to the tank a few weeks back and noticed a surge in their numbers, I decided to pick up a gorgeous Mandarin dragonet from Living Aquarium today...Looks super healthy and already eating. First fish in a long time I've been excited about, wanted one ever since I got into the hobby 5 years ago... Feel ready for the challenge now. Will post some pictures of the new additions soon!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Quartapound

played around with my camera and macro tubes again tonight...

yQD4SQE.jpg

epzK53z.jpg

he6rWy6.jpg

Quartapound

Any more full tank shots? Love the size of your tank! Would like to see your stand aswell?
Thank you! People keep asking when I'm going to get a bigger one lol but I'm also in love with this footprint.

Most of the full tank shots I have taken are posted, I'll be due for another one in a few days though, trying to take at least one a month. My stand is not very pretty yet, DIY, and it hasn't been skinned lol...

I'll snap a picture of that as well though. I used this design from Reef central
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1169964

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quartapound

Okay guys, about a week late, but here's the FTS for this month... I need some more glue, frags are accumulating at the bottom of the tank lol.. Some good growth though, noticeable! Working on colouring up a few that have lost their lustre since adding them to the tank, I won't lie, this past month I spent less time than I should have working on the tank... still happy though :)

zSoWggx.jpg

Last edited:

Quartapound

I like the look of how well a few of those look in there...nice growth!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
For sure!! The Tort I got from you is doing the best by far, crazy growth, the others ones from you are growing well but need to regain some colour, not as pretty as they were when I got them from you.

I really do enjoy the monthly FTS routine, great for documenting progress, doesn't take long either

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quartapound

Been a long time since an update.... Maybe I'll have another photo update soon, Just wanted to say I recently started playing around with PH monitoring (using an arduino with a PH probe) and I wasn't happy with my PH numbers, or the daily swing.

PH was swinging on the tank anywhere from 7.8 to 8.1 from day/night.

I was able to route the airline from my skimmer outside(should have done this a long time ago, it was so easy), and I also put my sump/fuge/frag tank on a lighting schedule opposite to the display tank.

...The result is my tank now sits at ~8.2 and barely fluctuates at all!!