Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
AdamS link said:
So here is the details from RapidLED

If the order is over $2,000 we can offer a 10% discount, if it's over $3,000 we can offer a 12% discount, and if it's over $5,000 we can offer a 15% discount.  Like I mentioned it's not a problem to ship separately, we would just have to charge for each address that we're shipping to (rates will depend on how heavy each package is).

I am somewhat confident we can achieve $2000+ over the next week, $3000+ seems like a stretch. 10% is not great, but better than full price. Can we achieve $2000+?

Im good for about $450, also I will be going to pick stuff up in Michigan, so shipping is FREE!

I'm good with free shipping - gas money.  The last order here with just one heatsink was something like $30 or $40, and I even argued the shipping price to no avail. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I hsould mention that I have and am going to have, a number of heatsinks that I will no longer be using.  I'll try and snap a pic of some tonight, some are drilled and tapped, some now, but all were for the LEDs. 

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
AdamS link said:

If the order is over $2,000 we can offer a 10% discount, if it's over $3,000 we can offer a 12% discount, and if it's over $5,000 we can offer a 15% discount.  Like I mentioned it's not a problem to ship separately, we would just have to charge for each address that we're shipping to (rates will depend on how heavy each package is).

I am somewhat confident we can achieve $2000+ over the next week, $3000+ seems like a stretch. 10% is not great, but better than full price. Can we achieve $2000+?

Im good for about $450, also I will be going to pick stuff up in Michigan, so shipping is FREE!
stay over for 48 hours and with 2 ppl yu should get back with no taxes

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Petercar link said:
[quote author=AdamS link=topic=4071.msg36588#msg36588 date=1358459385]

stay over for 48 hours and with 2 ppl yu should get back with no taxes
[/quote]

If we buy a party bag of balloons, he may be able to get it all in his bum.  No wait time then!

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I'm on the fence...... Thinking about adding a few LEDs to the underside of my canopy to get a more blue look.....what are people running to get this blue actinic look?
Would it be the Royal Blue CREE XT-E? And is it worth getting pre drilled and tapped heat sinks, since they are much more money? I've never used led but I like this idea of make your own arrangement as I could put some inside my canopy around the hole where my t5 fixture drops down into......I just want more info on them.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Reef Hero link said:
I'm on the fence...... Thinking about adding a few LEDs to the underside of my canopy to get a more blue look.....what are people running to get this blue actinic look?
Would it be the Royal Blue CREE XT-E? And is it worth getting pre drilled and tapped heat sinks, since they are much more money? I've never used led but I like this idea of make your own arrangement as I could put some inside my canopy around the hole where my t5 fixture drops down into......I just want more info on them.....

For just a strip fo royal blues, get the untapped and the thermal pads, as long as they are put on a clean oil free surface they REALLY hold on. 

You really should come by and take a look, I have a 48" royal blue cree strip that's just for 'show'.  First to come view the LEDs gets a slim whitman album and a free cat. 

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
LOL
I would love to come by and take a look but I know I won't have the time.....
Can you tell me the dimensions of the LEDs? I see that the heat sink is 1.4" but do the LEDs overlap the heat sink? I only have so much room on my canopy because my light is quite large for a smaller tank.....

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Reef Hero link said:
LOL
I would love to come by and take a look but I know I won't have the time.....
Can you tell me the dimensions of the LEDs? I see that the heat sink is 1.4\" but do the LEDs overlap the heat sink? I only have so much room on my canopy because my light is quite large for a smaller tank.....

Nope, the leds fit the heatsink perfectly.  I have the silver version, I see they now have a coolio black one with hanging rail.  I assume it's the same dimensions. 

I have 28 LEDs on that strip (2 of the cheapest drivers to run it) and it lights up a 125 gallon like a 70's blacklight poster, maybe nicer because the poster didn't move without shrooms or lsd.  The 'blue' LEDs give more of a greeny look to corals, and the UV's give it a very subtle edge glow (but evidently very appreciated by the corals!)

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Hmmmm.....even the heat sink is really a tight fit.....I have a 8bulb 54w t5 fixture and wanted to do some LEDs just around the border of the canopy (tank). I dont have any more than 1.5" left as the inside border to the canopy due to the large light and am Kind of worried about the t5s producing too much heat downward onto the LEDs as well....I will think about it tonight....

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I'm going to pass this time.....wish I had more room under my canopy.....

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Remember 13 percent taxes :) unless you can convince them it was all made in the USA.  Then it falls under free trade stuff;)

AdamS

13% taxes applies no matter where it was made, that is just the sales tax.  What varies is the Duties and import tax depending on the origin, but I highly doubt they will charge duty.

Also, I am updating the first post with a tally of the order costs. If you want in or I missed you, let me know.

Adam

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
You will have to add on the taxes anyway.  Ad duty if there is any  Or have it all send to one place and some ppl can go get there on the pickup day.  If yu have a passport  Yu will have to show there not all yuors.  Then wontyuey say yur suppose to be in commercial  lanes  They will think yur selling them  like a store

chris77

Just wondering what type of led's you are buying? I am Just wondering what the possible best lighting system to buy for my tank would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.