Salty's "new" 125

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
So coming up on critical mass on liverock. I've bleaching the remaining pile of rock now, then will do an air-sun dry and a few RO/DI rinses, which worked well for the first batch (all palys seem to disintegrate in chlorine, so hopefully the toxic goo is all inert!!!)

Have found a couple of small aiptasia, but have been merciless in eradicating, even if it means destroying a colony of sps, eff aiptasia. Fucking bastardized form of life.

I have also cleansed a fair bit of the sand from old tank, same process but also added filtration, even though I got a lot of "buy new stuff ya cheapskate". just another inch or so in spots and I should be good.

I should have some good deadrock for sale shortly. Will be fairly clean, and almost 100% phosphate free (old tank was .03 PPB phosphate). So shouldn't cause any kind of HA outbreak at all.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Update: Everything in tank is doing well, very well in fact. All sps have started new growth except for the branching cyphestrea, and it took about a year to start up when I first got it, so not too worried.

Who's got DI resin locally? I'm inching up on 3ppm on my output water, and both membrane and filters are new, so likely the DI. Can't keep things fresh using 3TDS water :)

Picking out my last couple of pieces of liverock today, so those I was talking to about deadrock I'll be in touch shortly (sorry been busy!!).

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Update: Everything in tank is doing well, very well in fact. All sps have started new growth except for the branching cyphestrea, and it took about a year to start up when I first got it, so not too worried.

Who's got DI resin locally? I'm inching up on 3ppm on my output water, and both membrane and filters are new, so likely the DI. Can't keep things fresh using 3TDS water :)

Picking out my last couple of pieces of liverock today, so those I was talking to about deadrock I'll be in touch shortly (sorry been busy!!).
@reefdiver probably. Not sure how local 'local' is for you or where he is exactly

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Last edited:

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Few pics of the progress. Everything has good PE, as usual, blue lights predominate, although this time around I have much better colour under the white lights, heavy water changes have done the job I think. New growth tips are starting to show up.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Awesome as always Glen!

What is the one in pic #6?
That one actually has a burn mark from falling onto another coral (ran out of glue), but that's a DV stylo. I have his multicolour stylo and his rainbow. (Not sure offhand which of the two is which). Those are best under the white lights and are just phenomenal. They were shaded completely in the old tank by the limeade so were extremely pale. I am letting these get light.