Torx Im Nuvo 20 Dropoff

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Had a slight mishap with my daughter 10 gallon fresh tank. Busted a seam and I didn't have silicone. Fish are okay and swimming in a 5 gallon IO RC bucket. @reefdiver (Sustainable Marine Canada) overnighted some SCS1200 to me and took advantage of that to also pick up some ornamental magroalgae and a pair of the reef safe challenge coins.

ca3f5f3cb1a73e6ad9ead9663ebde429.jpg

For macro I picked up some popular Dragons Breath and some Dragon Tongue. I have had Breath before but never Dragon Tongue and I was absolutely blown away by the color of this. I hope it takes well to my nano

a7ce9668f738a97d798c213b48c20a04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Why the switch up ? Thinking it’ll be better ?
Better of coarse is always subjective 9n what means more to someone, but yes, I feel this will be better. IA Prime HD is a great light, especially for its price point. It is still a single small puck while the XR15 G5 is spread out for a more even light distribution. It has a higher average PAR as well. I am definitely a fan boy of Ecotech but they have always been good to me and I like to support them.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
New Light up and running. All I can say is WOW.

No Reeflink to muck with.
Quick and simple set up. Took about 5 minutes to unbox, set up and get it running.

Mobius is great but in my defense I am a Beta tester for it.

Ecotech Radion RX15 G5Blue

8df43bff8ffc065c83dcc7b473239154.jpg

I love the blue trim work.

67c473bb70d8b58ded450d39af0f1891.jpg

87fa6f2fd403ab10019062eeeb07b916.jpg

Some of the wires and quickstart guides to the light and Mobius are slightly hidden.

5101a20796ca15a68d6e0928e9b4e3cd.jpg

3141bf62590fe554bb9abe4711c90a09.jpg

750893be758b6ae0af060ae6d4923e75.jpg

Now just to get the corals placed, put the skimmer in the back chamber and hook up doser. Not putting nearly enough time towards the tank while off on COVID

#ecotechmarine #reefsupplies #torxfragtank #mobius

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Needed a quick frag rack for a few randoms as my ReefRax is encrusted with zoa frags. I had recently purchased some aquarium suction cups for a requested project but they work well here too.

22b55c9b52a4eb1284a3b095e9b3ea81.jpg

Seasquirt

Very nice set up but at this rate you’ll be looking for a bigger tank soon,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Very nice set up but at this rate you’ll be looking for a bigger tank soon,

My last tank was a 120 gallon plumbed into a 60 gallon frag tank and 40 gallon sump. I tore it down to start renos and once my wife saw the living room with no closet; then there went my penninsula tank location. Maybe some day I will go big again but won't be for a while.

Seasquirt

I don’t have much room here,my spouse is very supportive but still this tank is big, I haven’t posted a picture of the tank because it’s stuffed away in a closet, I’ll try to get a picture of it,

You must miss your system, a 120 and a 60 tied in together is a lot of water, for it to be taken down must of been hard on you, Enjoy your 20 Nuvo,

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
We have a 1,000sq ft single story house. Smaller then many apts. We have 3 bedrooms, 2 daughters, English mastiff, st Bernard, black lab, 3 cats, finches, ferrits, hedgehog, fresh water tank and salt water tank plus 3d printers. We are pretty limited on space lol but we make it work.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Damn, going back through this thread, I switch things up a lot. Here is to keeping things stable in the new year lol.

Tank is moved to its new location.

Full current equipment list:

IM NUVO 20 Concept Drop off
IM NUVO Desktop skimmer
IM Spin Stream return nozzle
Radion G5 XR15Blue
AI Nero 3
Tunze osmolator NANO 3152 ATO
Marina 100w heater

Livestock:

Mocha longfin clownfish x2
Mandarinfish
Bicolor Blenny
Banded coral shrimp

20201229_190424.jpg

Seasquirt

That’s quite the light shade you have there, what ever works. I thought you were setting up a much bigger tank. Do you feed pods to your Mandarin? Take care and have a wonderful Newyears

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
That’s quite the light shade you have there, what ever works. I thought you were setting up a much bigger tank. Do you feed pods to your Mandarin? Take care and have a wonderful Newyears

I played the big tank game. Has a 120 plumbed in with a 60 gallon frag tank and full water change system. My house is just too small for bit tanks. Ibstarted with small tanks so enjoying this nano game again.

In the mean time my funds go to other toys like my Wrangler. Christmas present to myself, new bumper and winch installed today.

6fc288c29bf740b548a4cb85a173de61.jpg

Seasquirt

Thats great, we all want new vehicles. We had bought a new pick up in March and we love it.

Not sure how long we will have the tank as prices are climbing up there, we have a trailer as well and enjoy camping, it will be a little dicey walking away from the tank for weeks on end.

Jason Bell

You can set up everything through Apex, just need a friend or family member to be available if an issue is alerted.