Torx Im Nuvo 20 Dropoff

joshthebox

Never deal with this user
Do you ever siphon out the filtration chambers? Maybe detritus is getting trapped in there. An urchin would definitely help control the algae!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Kids got me a Jack Skellington chia pet for Christmas. Growing nicely under the Radion.

2611d9d251edddd2d99a0be4e3998ab2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Embarrassing algae issue is almost gone. Just some diatoms to get rid of now. 3 day back out.

526457b67d942f9c7b06072aeeca3406.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk
Can’t be looking worst then mine lol , nothing to ever be embarrassed about bud ! I’ve had to buy 100 hermit crabs and a lawnmower blenny and my yellow eye tang can’t even put a dent in her ! I got some algae 1-2” long and I even have bacteria “clear” algae . I assume from to much microbact 7 lol .. whoops .. I’ve added corals and algae takes over the base and sides of the skeleton, it’s been like this for a year . Don’t feel embarrassed!

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Can’t be looking worst then mine lol , nothing to ever be embarrassed about bud ! I’ve had to buy 100 hermit crabs and a lawnmower blenny and my yellow eye tang can’t even put a dent in her ! I got some algae 1-2” long and I even have bacteria “clear” algae . I assume from to much microbact 7 lol .. whoops .. I’ve added corals and algae takes over the base and sides of the skeleton, it’s been like this for a year . Don’t feel embarrassed!
Look up hydrogen peroxide dosing Luke, never F'd any corals or fish, it's works(slowly) over months....months..but will destroy algea for a long time after, it will destroy some good bacteria during the daily process,but not all, it (good bacteria) populates faster than bad bacteria or algea populations

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Time to replace my mocha longfin clown fish. Just picked up a beautiful pair of longfins from Kevin at Xtremeclownfish Canada. He has been very helpful and knowledgeable. I can not say enough good things about him.

He just got a huge shipment of clownfish in and these babies are perfect. Getting a picture of these babies was difficult but they are beautiful.

Here is a link to his FB page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/656132292237916/

Attachments

• 20220213_181344.jpg
    20220213_181344.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 76
  • 20220213_181404.jpg
    20220213_181404.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 96
  • 20220213_181405.jpg
    20220213_181405.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 69
  • 20220213_181406.jpg
    20220213_181406.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 20220213_181415.jpg
    20220213_181415.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 79

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Also got a great little shipment from Big Show Frags. Time to get this algae issue under control. I am on the verge of winning but with this shipment I should knock it out of the park. Thank you for the free samples. My fish love Fauna Marin soft pellets so much. These guys are great and I normally receive the order the day after it ships.

20220212_210152.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Sorry for all the posts but I also hate Innovative Marine's skimmers. My pump failed within warranty. They replaced it, which took months, and the replacement pump lasted 3 months before failing and now they will not replace it. I bought a wood block and the $5 woodblock and ran it into the skimmer. It makes a better foam and skimmate then the skimmer ever did with either of the 2 pumps.

Major fail on Innovative Marine

@innovativemarine
@innovativemarinecanada

Attachments

• 20220212_155558.jpg
    20220212_155558.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 97

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Been a rough week. Power went out and tank did not start back up afterwards. Water was down to 70 and ended up loosing my longfin clowns, blood shrimp, star fish, and firefish. Guess it is time to officially do my tank reboot. Lots of happy corals still though.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Sorry for your losses, I was dosing vibrant for a while thinking it was bacteria not algicide and watched algae slowly take over my tank no matter what I did, then I learned the truth about vibrant and stopped using the crap, it's been a few months of blowing the rocks and manual removal and water changes and dosing good bacteria and I'm finally winning the algae battle. Some corals suffered but have bounced back, tank is looking good again.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Reboot keeps getting delayed but finally getting supplies in. Out with the old and in with the new. Replaced my RODI unit, I have new test kits coming (my current have expired) and chemiclean for some red cyano that I can not get rid of. I assume it is related to my old RODI. Bought the Twist one on a whim hoping for something quick and easy. Filters are way too much for it and hard to get. I also almost destroyed it when trying to remove some of the canisters. New one is only a 4 stage but I can upgrade it easily with more stages. I added my TDS meter to it and 135 in with 0 out.

Also switched out salt from IO RC to Red Sea Coral Pro Salt Mix. Salt is hard to get locally here and Red Sea can be ordered on Amazon. Plus they kept sending broken pails and replaced them free.

Out with the old:

1672366243206.png

In with the new:

1672366267987.png

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I had set up a few extra chambers with reusable DI resin, the colour changing stuff. It sort of insured that I NEVER got anything into the tank.

I swear as well, I only ever had problems when I switched out from reef crystals. Not sure if it was the salt, or the simple fact that I changed something after it was established. That's how I would do it if I was re-setting up. I believe at one point I had 3 DI stages. The third never expired if I kept up on the first 2.

shiver905

I have your Older one. I hate being stuck in that canister system. I thought the same thing about it being easy. It was easy but the replacements are damn expensive.
New one looks good, Nice to have a TDS meter and a pressure gage.