Torx Im Nuvo 20 Dropoff

Jason Bell

Mine should arrive Tuesday. Just adding to the bricks I have in there now, more can't hurt. I do have some Aquarocks on the way, a few pieces, interested to see how they are in person, pics look good.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Package received.

Messaged Polyplab as first observations is that packaging is great except how the hell do you get the stuff out? LoL. Some finger indents in the foam would be great for future packaging

ff3d02384a2529d2d6d9134b01cf6645.jpg

af6706cefba76a2731fefb1d1f3c26d6.jpg

d40ddba0d36ece6263eea69a41056cdc.jpg

Then I thought I would be smart and drop the foam out of the box and pop it oit from the back. Nope, sealed back lol

8ab4558a3c544d574fbad28ccf7937fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Making it easy for me.
No instructions either. You need to look them up on their page but there is no direction advising to do that either. Learned that each brick is good for about 300 gallons and this comes with 2 bricks. Not sure why they don't have a smaller size available for most reefers. They even say each brick should last for many years.

That aside, rock is rinsed and soaking in a small tub of tank water and Genesis. The website instructions say to let it soak for 12 hours. If not using Genesis booster then you can just rinse and add to tank.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Levels starting to get under control this weekend and switched over part of the tank from crushed coral to sand. What a difference. Can wait to suck out the rest and go all sand. I need to make some custom rock work first though

7e61ead9cf3fd1d8dc9d496d57369fb3.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Will update photos at some point on my nano. Might do a second nano from @Overon if I can grab up his tank he has for sale.

Current equiptment:
IM NUVO 20 Concept Dropoff
IM spin stream return nozzle
Sicce 1.5 return
Ecotech Radion G5 XR15
Ecotech Versa for ATO and carbon dosing
Ecotech Vortech MP10WQD

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Omg I wish I could grab up @BIGSHOW drop off. Family comes first though. Wife graduated college through COVID so I have higher priorities. I would dedicate a page on every platform if I could.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
About to shoot my tank. I switched out the crushed coral with sand as well as added the Genisis Rock to try and battle an ongoing algae issue. I did it in stages as to not affect water parameters. My nitrates are 2 and phosphates 0.01ppm. Dosing vinegar and maxing out my skimmer trying to get nitrates down further.

Algae just wont stop.

I keep buying snails but not sure where else to go. Running out of ideas. Might need to go for a Tuxedo Urchin next. @Overon ?