anybody tried one of these

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I see Neptune systems right now as one of the more advancing reef product companies. Over the last 2 years they have grown so much. They don't want to be left behind, why let someone DIY something when they can sell a finished revised product :) can't wait!

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
unibob link said:
I see Neptune systems right now as one of the more advancing reef product companies. Over the last 2 years they have grown so much. They don't want to be left behind, why let someone DIY something when they can sell a finished revised product :) can't wait!

they are moving in the right direction.. i just wish they moved a bit faster.. lol

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Duke link said:
they are moving in the right direction.. i just wish they moved a bit faster.. lol

Exactly. My VSP should be delivered there this weekend to be repaired, hopefully I will have it back by next week. My DIY harness will be sitting here waiting for it. Can you only imagine the possibilities if they make the Jebao pump controllable like the lighting units, and even more so, imagine it in Fusion...

umbis

Does anyone actually have the WP 25 that Mike mentioned? It says 1000 - 2000 GPH?  ??? Is that accurate? I may grab a couple of these...getting tired of marineland powerheads.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
they work great, i have wp-40s but have seen a wp-25 in person and they are comparable to flow to a nicer tunze power head but with the crazy controllablility right out of the box via the controller.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
umbis link said:
Does anyone actually have the WP 25 that Mike mentioned? It says 1000 - 2000 GPH?  ??? Is that accurate? I may grab a couple of these...getting tired of marineland powerheads.
I have 2 of them, they are the size of the karolia 1400 and easily out flow them, great pumps. 

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
umbis link said:

I run 2.

They have been great. No problems with the power flicking on and off during the ice storm (my MJ1200 fried, but not these) Easy to use, and works good on thick glass. I have 3/4" starfire, and they don't move! I was concerned about it, but they hold better than my Suregrip mag on the MJ1200.

sidewinder

I have had one in my Red Sea Max 130 for about 4 weeks now, the controller isnt exactly intuitive but I have to say that it is amazing pump, perfect standing wave in my tank and all my fish and corals seem very happy. I have mine on wave 3 mode and switch it to else mode every few days for 30 mins to kick up any detrius that may be hiding in the nooks and crannies, even though the flow is good throughout the tank.

My only real complaint is the fact that the light sensor is mounted on the controller itself so if you have it in a cabinet, it doesnt work. I plan on attaching the light sensing diode to a wire so I can attach it to the side of the tank where it will sense light from the tank as opposed to ambient light. You cannot expose the diode in proximity to your aquarium lights or it will burn out.

I have a 220 Gal build in the works and even though I had bought a Tunze wave box for it, Im going to use 2 of the WP40's instead.

KBennett

I didn't hook the sensor up to mine.  I don't see the point of lowering current at night time.  It's not like the ocean stops making waves when the sun goes down. 

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I think it is more so for us then the fish. These are quieter then an mp10, but at night the ramping up and down can still be annoying.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
KBennett link said:
I didn't hook the sensor up to mine.  I don't see the point of lowering current at night time.  It's not like the ocean stops making waves when the sun goes down. 
Actually the sea is calmer at night, the sun powers the oceans.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Pistol link said:
[quote author=KBennett link=topic=6721.msg76951#msg76951 date=1389836579]
[/quote]

i totally agree but i use timers to shut them off instead of those sensors.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Pistol link said:
[/quote]

+1, glen doesn't believe me on this but I tell you it's true

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
look what i found.. 4 pump jabeo multi controller...

http://reef-aholic.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=67&product_id=551

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Pistol link=topic=6721.msg76965#msg76965 date=1389841314]
[/quote]

+1, glen doesn't believe me on this but I tell you it's true
[/quote]

Not sure how I got dragged into this, but the sun is on the ocean 24/7 somewhere, and last I checked wind, the moon and whale farts all impact the movement in the ocean. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:
look what i found.. 4 pump jabeo multi controller...

http://reef-aholic.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=67&product_id=551

hey thats sweet, i always have trouble trying to match the wave speeds on mine

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Off topic again but waves are not created from the sun or moon..... Maybe whale farts tho.
Waves are created by the wind (air molecules rushing past the water surface) and also by the ground (seabed) earth movement (I.e in extreme cases a tsunami)
Neither of these actually cause the water to move horizontally but rather only vertically.... The water however when caused to move vertical will flatten out again and appear to be moving horizontal. Horizontal water movement is important for the growth of many corals because it will import and export nutrients.... This is why the best reefs in the world are usually in areas where water is flowing through very rapidly caused by the narrowing and widening of streams.... This was explained in the video I posted, "reefs of riches"