BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Thmh link said:
Uh oh someone is moving  in to your throne Dave! :O

~Tony

LOL...The photo for the "chalice king" is clearly the same photo as Sexy Corals "Atom bomb".  If I was the said "Chalice King" I would at least provide my own photos of pieces I actually owned.

spyd

Super Active Member
BIGSHOW link said:
[quote author=spyd link=topic=5688.msg55256#msg55256 date=1373149085]
With a vendor by the name of \"chalice king\" I have to go now!  ;)

LOL...we all know who the real chalice king is ;)
[/quote]

That you are! That you are man!

K

kalbasa

BIGSHOW link said:

[/quote]

This is not a competition..... This is an event to bring all of the vendors to showcase their stuff and bring together the community. If you really think of yourself as the chalice king then maybe you should come and be a vendor and showcase your stuff in a city that has 3 million living in it compared to London who only has 500,000 people living there. This is a really great opportunity for you. At the end of the day your the one thats missing out if your not gonna be a vendor.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
kalbasa link said:
[quote author=BIGSHOW link=topic=5688.msg55257#msg55257 date=1373149992]

[/quote]

This is not a competition..... This is an event to bring all of the vendors to showcase their stuff and bring together the community. If you really think of yourself as the chalice king then maybe you should come and be a vendor and showcase your stuff in a city that has 3 million living in it compared to London who only has 500,000 people living there. This is a really great opportunity for you. At the end of the day your the one thats missing out if your not gonna be a vendor.
[/quote]

LOL...whatever bud.  My photos and my tanks speak for themselves.  I was just trying to poke a little fun at the  "Chalice King" don't get all wound up about it.

I have other commitments that week as I have a real job that takes me away for significant period of time everymonth.  Maybe if I had more then a months notice I could find the time. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
kalbasa link said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm really trying to stay out of this one, but you can't say in one line it is not a competition and then in the very next line make a competition out of city size (and it's only ~350,000 people).  I'm happy you're making a go of this thing, but kindly leave London out of it, as I did take that line as belittling my show.  I don't want there to be any animosity here, which is exactly why I mothballed plans to do a Toronto show (for now anyway). 

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
So if London Fragfest had over 200+ people show up with a population of 350,000 then with a population of 3million you should have quite a bit more people then 500 if I were to call it a "success"

Don't poke the bear, it won't get you far....

zvonmonet

Lets make a reality show and call it The Making of A FRAG MEET. Who is in? :popcorn2:

Guys if anyone of you want to come, then your all more than welcome. If you can't, won't, don't want to, think if its crap, think if there is something better to do that day, or whatever reason it may be. I really don't care. Who gives a damn who is a chalice king, what everything in life needs to be a competition?

All i want is for people to come together, have a good time, and go for a beer after. What you have to loose $50?

Guys i am done with any negativity anyone wants to bring to the table. Some people won't be able to make it and its fine the show will go on as planned.

I would love to see all of you make it, if not hope to see you another day some where.

K

kalbasa

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=kalbasa link=topic=5688.msg55326#msg55326 date=1373217480]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm really trying to stay out of this one, but you can't say in one line it is not a competition and then in the very next line make a competition out of city size (and it's only ~350,000 people).  I'm happy you're making a go of this thing, but kindly leave London out of it, as I did take that line as belittling my show.  I don't want there to be any animosity here, which is exactly why I mothballed plans to do a Toronto show (for now anyway).
[/quote]

Nothing against London if anything its great that you had such an event for the community. The problem with forums you can interpret everything someone says differently because you cant see their facial expression or hear their tone of voice. So again nothing against London event. I wish I could have made it to it but just didnt get the chance. 

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
People need to leave the drama mobile at home. 

I can appreciate that we are starting to have events like this in Ontario, even if I choose not to go to this event (which I may go).

I also appreciate the effort made by Vlad and anyone else involved in putting an event on. 

zvonmonet

Thanks Darryl appreciate the kinds words  ;D

If you are able to go, i am certain you will decide to come. I got some interesting stuff planned, keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Darryl_V link said:
People need to leave the drama mobile at home. 

I couldn't agree more...stick to the facts of the event, stop with the comparisons to London (oops did I make one too...lol) and let the cards lie as they fall.

Competition is great, it drives everyone to be better.  With any event where you are hosting a bunch of vendors/small business's that are all vying for the same customers....then, there is bound to be competition.  It just needs to stay friendly and respectful.

I wish I could go, but sadly there was not enough notice for my schedule. 

Good luck with the event, I hope it is a success and I look forward to hopefully being able to make it next year when I have more time to work with my schedule.

No hard feelings boys....good on you for trying to replicate the successful London event.

Cheers!

spyd

Super Active Member
I agree 100%. If I want drama, I will head over to the riding stables where my wife keeps our horses..... 20 plus women there. enough said.  :? These events are great for all of us and hopefully they build steam as we start seeing more and more. Any luck on those chalice pics? I am super curious.

K

kalbasa

spyd link said:
I agree 100%. If I want drama, I will head over to the riding stables where my wife keeps our horses..... 20 plus women there. enough said.  :? These events are great for all of us and hopefully they build steam as we start seeing more and more. Any luck on those chalice pics? I am super curious.

Hes got a lot of chalice colonies but I didnt bring a good camera so the pics didnt come out well

zvonmonet

Vendor Tables are almost sold out. A few more spots available and Vendor floor plan updated

Tentative Floor Plan
3d962fc2-5995-43b8-9342-7aa83ffa77bb.jpg