Coral frag extravaganza meet 2013

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
zvonmonet link said:
I understand why you guys are being skeptical. Let me point something out to you. I am not doing this as a profitable venture and try to collect money from this. I am doing this as a hobby, i am not looking to make a penny out of all this. Rather have an enjoyable fun event that brings hobbyists together.

My goal is not to load up the place with 100 vendors and have half of them walk out of the event unhappy because they didn't make any money. I am trying to concentrate on the marketing aspect and get as many people i can through the doors. I am talking to about 20 vendors that are thinking of coming. If you think there is a lack of consumers who are interested in coral frags your highly mistaken. In the GTA you have thousands and thousands of hobbyist who didn't make it to the London event because of other obligations and the distance.

I have everything under control and everything very organized. Instead of you coming to help and throw a suggestion or 2 to make this a truly fun event BECAUSE ITS A HOBBY NOT A BUSINESS (at least for me) you say all this meaningless stuff that only brings doubt on others. If there would be other events like this i would be going to one once a month at the very least. There are ALWAYS new stuff that vendors get and there are always people who are looking to buy more and more and more. I really don't know what people need 5 or 6 months to plan for, i planed this in a month and a half and i am ready to have this event running at full force. If you have your doubts thats understandable but your more then welcome to talk to bigger names in this forum J_T (custom acrylics) and Alex form FragCave, that know me personally and can help you with your doubts.

Also its a great opportunity for people to get a preview of how good the event going to be in Oct and everyone that will attend my event will be coming to the one in October, so what is the issue??

Not trying to be rude or anything i just don't understand why some people don't appreciate when someone is trying to do something nice for the hobby and the community.
I think people are a little skeptical because the lack of information that is being shown to the public.  If you look at the post on here for the London one Salty was very informative. We knew who every vendor was as it was listed on his website.

Did a website ever get put up for this event?  Maybe that would help calm everyone nerves.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
zvonmonet link said:
I understand why you guys are being skeptical. Let me point something out to you. I am not doing this as a profitable venture and try to collect money from this. I am doing this as a hobby, i am not looking to make a penny out of all this. Rather have an enjoyable fun event that brings hobbyists together.

My goal is not to load up the place with 100 vendors and have half of them walk out of the event unhappy because they didn't make any money. I am trying to concentrate on the marketing aspect and get as many people i can through the doors. I am talking to about 20 vendors that are thinking of coming. If you think there is a lack of consumers who are interested in coral frags your highly mistaken. In the GTA you have thousands and thousands of hobbyist who didn't make it to the London event because of other obligations and the distance.

I have everything under control and everything very organized. Instead of you coming to help and throw a suggestion or 2 to make this a truly fun event BECAUSE ITS A HOBBY NOT A BUSINESS (at least for me) you say all this meaningless stuff that only brings doubt on others. If there would be other events like this i would be going to one once a month at the very least. There are ALWAYS new stuff that vendors get and there are always people who are looking to buy more and more and more. I really don't know what people need 5 or 6 months to plan for, i planed this in a month and a half and i am ready to have this event running at full force. If you have your doubts thats understandable but your more then welcome to talk to bigger names in this forum J_T (custom acrylics) and Alex form FragCave, that know me personally and can help you with your doubts.

Also its a great opportunity for people to get a preview of how good the event going to be in Oct and everyone that will attend my event will be coming to the one in October, so what is the issue??

Not trying to be rude or anything i just don't understand why some people don't appreciate when someone is trying to do something nice for the hobby and the community.
I think people are a little skeptical because the lack of information that is being shown to the public.  If you look at the post on here for the London one Salty was very informative. We knew who every vendor was as it was listed on his website.

Did a website ever get put up for this event?  Maybe that would help calm everyone nerves.

zvonmonet

The website has been up me running for a week now it's www.fragmeet.com . I am finalizing all the vendors in the next week or so. I currently have around 15 vendors which is a nice number to make a decent event

zvonmonet

The website has been up me running for a week now it's www.fragmeet.com . I am finalizing all the vendors in the next week or so. I currently have around 15 vendors which is a nice number to make a decent event

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Fact of the matter is .... When the London event happened it was planned for months and months before the actual event unfolded .. Tables were booked and vendors were locked down, raffle prizes were announced as soon as they had gotten confirmation that it would happen, charity was chosen for a donation and announced ... This event in the GTA, as mentioned in the paragraph post lashing out at potential money spenders,  vendors are " thinking about it " , 2 weeks before the day of the event, with only 3 or 4 actual vendors on the site and for sure there. Adding a little jab at why you don't see it should take up to 6 months to set something like this up really isn't justified, seeing as this was what 4-5 weeks planned and 6 weeks till event and it shows.

For me to get the time off work and be worth the drive , a vendor with rare chalice who doesn't want to be named and some T - Shirts ( no offence cause I love the shirts I bought one at the London swap Go Reefer Tees !! ) just doesn't cut it.

And after reading the paragraph that goes on state that " anyone who attends "my" event will be at the one in October kind of shows a lot about yourself. We as in the people on this forum and whatever other forum this is on  are the people you would be expecting to show up at this event, so I'm not so sure why you wouldn't take the feedback. Lord knows the last 5 guys to comment on this page are willing to fork over some  cash for good quality coral.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Fact of the matter is .... When the London event happened it was planned for months and months before the actual event unfolded .. Tables were booked and vendors were locked down, raffle prizes were announced as soon as they had gotten confirmation that it would happen, charity was chosen for a donation and announced ... This event in the GTA, as mentioned in the paragraph post lashing out at potential money spenders,  vendors are " thinking about it " , 2 weeks before the day of the event, with only 3 or 4 actual vendors on the site and for sure there. Adding a little jab at why you don't see it should take up to 6 months to set something like this up really isn't justified, seeing as this was what 4-5 weeks planned and 6 weeks till event and it shows.

For me to get the time off work and be worth the drive , a vendor with rare chalice who doesn't want to be named and some T - Shirts ( no offence cause I love the shirts I bought one at the London swap Go Reefer Tees !! ) just doesn't cut it.

And after reading the paragraph that goes on state that " anyone who attends "my" event will be at the one in October kind of shows a lot about yourself. We as in the people on this forum and whatever other forum this is on  are the people you would be expecting to show up at this event, so I'm not so sure why you wouldn't take the feedback. Lord knows the last 5 guys to comment on this page are willing to fork over some  cash for good quality coral.

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Number one comment in London... Why doesn't Toronto do this.... Well, I know why. And I have said why, but I will say again... Drama.

Yep, lots of drama. He's coming, I'm not going, to far, bad timing, on and on.

There was a good amount of Toronto people in London. I would bet half the door was from out of town.

As for the possible vendors here. It really is your loss. A tank of gas, and a days work. You should be more than able to recoup that here, and turn a profit. Toronto has a large beginners group of hobbyists right now. So, all those frags that are just sitting around, not selling.... Dump them at 10-15 a piece. Cash in.

As for the Toronto show in the fall, there hasn't been a confirmed location, table prices have doubled, and vendors are required to offer up a minimum of $50 worth of goods for the raffle table. How is that show planned any better at his point?

At least I know where I will be on the 27th... I know how much my table cost me, and I know that the local vendors will enjoy the extra business.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Number one comment in London... Why doesn't Toronto do this.... Well, I know why. And I have said why, but I will say again... Drama.

Yep, lots of drama. He's coming, I'm not going, to far, bad timing, on and on.

There was a good amount of Toronto people in London. I would bet half the door was from out of town.

As for the possible vendors here. It really is your loss. A tank of gas, and a days work. You should be more than able to recoup that here, and turn a profit. Toronto has a large beginners group of hobbyists right now. So, all those frags that are just sitting around, not selling.... Dump them at 10-15 a piece. Cash in.

As for the Toronto show in the fall, there hasn't been a confirmed location, table prices have doubled, and vendors are required to offer up a minimum of $50 worth of goods for the raffle table. How is that show planned any better at his point?

At least I know where I will be on the 27th... I know how much my table cost me, and I know that the local vendors will enjoy the extra business.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Every event will be planned differently. There is not a template on these events and they are very new to the area. I am sure each event will do great in their own way and will be a learning experience to all. Different local will bring different enthusiasts and vendors. I am sure this Toronto one will be well packed. Especially for the people who do not want to travel for events like myself.

Thank you for letting people know of the event and good luck to this event. I hope to see more in the future.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Every event will be planned differently. There is not a template on these events and they are very new to the area. I am sure each event will do great in their own way and will be a learning experience to all. Different local will bring different enthusiasts and vendors. I am sure this Toronto one will be well packed. Especially for the people who do not want to travel for events like myself.

Thank you for letting people know of the event and good luck to this event. I hope to see more in the future.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
*shrug* I plan on going. If it sucks or there aren't any good finds, I can always head over to Dundas St. and do my usual rounds at some of the stores down there and maybe even hit Kitchener's Big Al's on the way home. :)

Plus I am going to be in Toronto for TFCON (Transformers Con) on the Saturday anyways so I'll be staying the night.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
*shrug* I plan on going. If it sucks or there aren't any good finds, I can always head over to Dundas St. and do my usual rounds at some of the stores down there and maybe even hit Kitchener's Big Al's on the way home. :)

Plus I am going to be in Toronto for TFCON (Transformers Con) on the Saturday anyways so I'll be staying the night.

zvonmonet

It will be a good event, i have absolutely no doubt. I have a lot of stuff planned that not have been posted yet. Give it a week or so, trust me a lot of doubts and hesitations will be cleared. 

zvonmonet

It will be a good event, i have absolutely no doubt. I have a lot of stuff planned that not have been posted yet. Give it a week or so, trust me a lot of doubts and hesitations will be cleared.