Coral frag extravaganza meet 2013

K

kalbasa

there will be a guy who is bringing a ton of rare chalice colonies. He is taking 2 tables

K

kalbasa

there will be a guy who is bringing a ton of rare chalice colonies. He is taking 2 tables

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=kalbasa link=topic=5688.msg55045#msg55045 date=1372956700]
he asked not to say. he def was not at the London frag fest
extremely baffled and skeptical myself.
[/quote]

I'm skeptical myself. Best of luck on the event.

I'm out though as a vendor.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Darryl_V link said:
[/quote]

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
unibob link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=5688.msg55053#msg55053 date=1372962191]
[/quote]

[/quote]

+1 good luck.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
unibob link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=5688.msg55053#msg55053 date=1372962191]
[/quote]

[/quote]

+1 good luck.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Just my opinion and no offence intended, but this all seems very sketchy. I do not understand why this event is being so rushed and planned ahead of the other GTA event that was originally planned ahead of this one for October?

Why not put all resources and effort together and make the October event a really really good one? With 3 weeks left to get things finalized and the organizer being swamped with priorities at work, it all seems very rushed and last minute.

Considering we just had an amazing event in London, with many generous raffle prize donations from our sponsors and local reefing community, it really doesn't make sense to have another in so close of a time frame.

Good luck, as I realize that this will draw more reefers from the GTA community and these things are always a good excuse to meet people and share ideas about our great hobby.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Just my opinion and no offence intended, but this all seems very sketchy. I do not understand why this event is being so rushed and planned ahead of the other GTA event that was originally planned ahead of this one for October?

Why not put all resources and effort together and make the October event a really really good one? With 3 weeks left to get things finalized and the organizer being swamped with priorities at work, it all seems very rushed and last minute.

Considering we just had an amazing event in London, with many generous raffle prize donations from our sponsors and local reefing community, it really doesn't make sense to have another in so close of a time frame.

Good luck, as I realize that this will draw more reefers from the GTA community and these things are always a good excuse to meet people and share ideas about our great hobby.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Doubt I will make the trip .. A vendor that doesn't want people to know their name ... I have an idea on who it would be but I will keep that to myself. Doesn't make any sense at all. Good luck

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Doubt I will make the trip .. A vendor that doesn't want people to know their name ... I have an idea on who it would be but I will keep that to myself. Doesn't make any sense at all. Good luck

zvonmonet

I understand why you guys are being skeptical. Let me point something out to you. I am not doing this as a profitable venture and try to collect money from this. I am doing this as a hobby, i am not looking to make a penny out of all this. Rather have an enjoyable fun event that brings hobbyists together.

My goal is not to load up the place with 100 vendors and have half of them walk out of the event unhappy because they didn't make any money. I am trying to concentrate on the marketing aspect and get as many people i can through the doors. I am talking to about 20 vendors that are thinking of coming. If you think there is a lack of consumers who are interested in coral frags your highly mistaken. In the GTA you have thousands and thousands of hobbyist who didn't make it to the London event because of other obligations and the distance.

I have everything under control and everything very organized. Instead of you coming to help and throw a suggestion or 2 to make this a truly fun event BECAUSE ITS A HOBBY NOT A BUSINESS (at least for me) you say all this meaningless stuff that only brings doubt on others. If there would be other events like this i would be going to one once a month at the very least. There are ALWAYS new stuff that vendors get and there are always people who are looking to buy more and more and more. I really don't know what people need 5 or 6 months to plan for, i planed this in a month and a half and i am ready to have this event running at full force. If you have your doubts thats understandable but your more then welcome to talk to bigger names in this forum J_T (custom acrylics) and Alex form FragCave, that know me personally and can help you with your doubts.

Also its a great opportunity for people to get a preview of how good the event going to be in Oct and everyone that will attend my event will be coming to the one in October, so what is the issue??

Not trying to be rude or anything i just don't understand why some people don't appreciate when someone is trying to do something nice for the hobby and the community.

zvonmonet

I understand why you guys are being skeptical. Let me point something out to you. I am not doing this as a profitable venture and try to collect money from this. I am doing this as a hobby, i am not looking to make a penny out of all this. Rather have an enjoyable fun event that brings hobbyists together.

My goal is not to load up the place with 100 vendors and have half of them walk out of the event unhappy because they didn't make any money. I am trying to concentrate on the marketing aspect and get as many people i can through the doors. I am talking to about 20 vendors that are thinking of coming. If you think there is a lack of consumers who are interested in coral frags your highly mistaken. In the GTA you have thousands and thousands of hobbyist who didn't make it to the London event because of other obligations and the distance.

I have everything under control and everything very organized. Instead of you coming to help and throw a suggestion or 2 to make this a truly fun event BECAUSE ITS A HOBBY NOT A BUSINESS (at least for me) you say all this meaningless stuff that only brings doubt on others. If there would be other events like this i would be going to one once a month at the very least. There are ALWAYS new stuff that vendors get and there are always people who are looking to buy more and more and more. I really don't know what people need 5 or 6 months to plan for, i planed this in a month and a half and i am ready to have this event running at full force. If you have your doubts thats understandable but your more then welcome to talk to bigger names in this forum J_T (custom acrylics) and Alex form FragCave, that know me personally and can help you with your doubts.

Also its a great opportunity for people to get a preview of how good the event going to be in Oct and everyone that will attend my event will be coming to the one in October, so what is the issue??

Not trying to be rude or anything i just don't understand why some people don't appreciate when someone is trying to do something nice for the hobby and the community.

zvonmonet

I was asked to keep his name out, it was his request. He is not trying to hide anything its just what he would like. All i am doing is granting his wish, if one vendor that wants to keep his name out is a big deal then so be it.

zvonmonet

I was asked to keep his name out, it was his request. He is not trying to hide anything its just what he would like. All i am doing is granting his wish, if one vendor that wants to keep his name out is a big deal then so be it.

zvonmonet

teebone110 link said:

Its 2 months apart from the London event and the one that will take place in Toronto. Its way more then enough time in between for vendors to restock on their corals and consumers to restock their wallets for next purchases.

zvonmonet

teebone110 link said:

Its 2 months apart from the London event and the one that will take place in Toronto. Its way more then enough time in between for vendors to restock on their corals and consumers to restock their wallets for next purchases.