LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - JUNE 1, 2013

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
It looks like the door and raffles pulled about $1500.  I did have a few expenses, but probably I will be able to hand over $1100 to the food bank, plus the ~$500 that went to the legion (and the money they made from the bbq...not sure how many ventured inside to the bar, the country western music scared me senseless).

I made a few bucks from my tank, and it was worth it schooling poseidon on the magic of presentation and awesome lighting.  :)

Thmh

Website Affiliate
Thanks glen for an awesome event! And thank you everyone for showing up!  We really had a blast and hope to be involved in any future tft events!

-Tony

C

copperkills

Kudos to all to had any part in the event.  Time to start planning for next years Salty.  I thought the location was perfect.  How did u find the space?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
copperkills link said:
Kudos to all to had any part in the event.  Time to start planning for next years Salty.  I thought the location was perfect.  How did u find the space?

Space was good but initially I had to turn vendors away because it filled too quick.  If it was a sunday I could have the upper AND lower level, which really might have been better space wise, and more access to the bar (but hey nobody was drinking and driving at least!).

I talked to the lamplighter, and it's an option as I could have 2x the tables, but I -think- they might have carpeted floors, which might be a nightmare.  Once I was done mopping the place looked pretty good so they should be pleased I hope.  (ah the glamour of hosting).

All we have to do is buy Darryl a watch so that he knows when 4pm is lol  ;D

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
This is an amazing community and that was an awesome event. If you weren't there you missed out big tyme. Next time I'm bringing some more help so I can tour the room. Oh and I'm sure showing up earlier would have helped.  Thanks Derek (spy) for helping me out.  OH also gotta that the Mad Jelly Team for helping close up shop.

Thanks everyone who participated (came, sold, helped) and salty for putting it on!

Off to finish putting things away and I'm starting on the whiskey. Cheers!

Tinkerbell

I have to say I had a great time..... So looking forward to next year. This was a great event for charity as well. Thank You Salty and thanks to all the sponsors.

Cheers  :-*

Arley

Truly a great event! Although I only bought a few corals for my 15 gal tank- it was lovely to be able to tour around and see what everyone had. Very well run (if I didn't know better I wouldn't have ever thought this was a first!)

AdamS

Poseidon link said:
[quote author=AdamS link=topic=4499.msg1#msg1 date=1370124251]
As everyone else said, great job to glen and his family and reefhero and everyone else who kicked in. Those sausages were huge  :eek:

Glad to meet many of you, hopefully we will do more business in the near future!

I haven't had a chance to check everything my wife bought, but I'm 90% sure we are still GSP free.

Haha I met your wife, nice lady, cleaned out all my Gsp :D
[/quote]

Not my wife, she bought a couple of nice acro's from darryl, and thats it!

Giglio324

Nice to put a names to faces and to pick up some beautiful corals. Not to mention I won big shows prize, wahoo! Awesome job salty, I think everyone can agree you did an amazing job organizing this and I am sure next years will be even better.
I brought a friend with me just so I didn't have to go by myself and he was amazed at how this website is its own little community and it is an awesome thing how this connects us with our passionate hobby. Happy reefing

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Tinkerbell link said:
I have to say I had a great time..... So looking forward to next year. This was a great event for charity as well. Thank You Salty and thanks to all the sponsors.

Cheers  :-*

just cuz you won the prize i was gunning for  :mad:

hehe, congrats though, make sure you post some pics of what you all got from fragbox!!

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Awesome time. Thank you Glenn and everyone else behind the scenes who made the day possible.

Hayes

I dropped by for an hour and talked with quite a few people. My daughter and I had a great time.
Ended up with a new Cad lights biopellet reactor but no frags :( Had to rush to Ringout tryouts so no time to get anything into the tank
Great to see lots of people out

Thanks again

Dwayne

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Hayes link said:
... Ended up with a new Cad lights biopellet reactor but no frags ...

I loved their stuff and their nano tank was so tempting and a great on site deal on it. Only frag deals took all my money, I can get a new reactor any time  ;D I really do love their stuff. Sealife Central is going to be carrying some of their line, will be worth going in and taking a look sometime. Plus nice to buy locally.