New tank talk

spyd

Super Active Member
An 18" width is definitely hard to work with. I had that with my 75G tank and it is very hard to get multiple levels of rock in there.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=7738.msg81120#msg81120 date=1392231649]
Hmm.....if your moving in a year, what about saving your pennies and getting something kick ass in a year.  It would save you a bunch of work and you could take lots of time to plan out a dream tank.  You could even start on purchasing all the stuff you would need (toys) before you move.  I know for my big tank I started buying equipment like 1 year in advance.

Thing is I have all my equipment still from my 150, everything I would ever need. Dosers , skimmers , reactors, sumps , wp40's Etc

And I still have my frag tank chalk full of lps and my fish.

Big Al's Brampton has a reef ready 120g 48x24x24 for 529$

That's not a bad price either  for a decent size.
[/quote]i can get that tank for you here to the store Brandon

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Big_Als_London link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=7738.msg81121#msg81121 date=1392231943]

[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=7738.msg81120#msg81120 date=1392231649]
Hmm.....if your moving in a year, what about saving your pennies and getting something kick ass in a year.  It would save you a bunch of work and you could take lots of time to plan out a dream tank.  You could even start on purchasing all the stuff you would need (toys) before you move.  I know for my big tank I started buying equipment like 1 year in advance.

Thing is I have all my equipment still from my 150, everything I would ever need. Dosers , skimmers , reactors, sumps , wp40's Etc

And I still have my frag tank chalk full of lps and my fish.

Big Al's Brampton has a reef ready 120g 48x24x24 for 529$

That's not a bad price either  for a decent size.
[/quote]i can get that tank for you here to the store Brandon
[/quote]

How long does it take to get in,
Or do you have it in stock?
Is it the same price?
I had sent you a pm earlier.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Any last input before I make my decision? 

I'm leaning towards getting the used one, it's in mint condition, and I'll save 200$ I can spend on plumbing.

I don't mind the 18in width, heck that's basically what my bowfront was, and same with the height.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
And then when I move into my own place in a year- year and a half I can save up and get one custom made. I just don't have the cash right now, and that's the only reason I'm not going with sealife. So I in know way are degrading them or the work they do! In fact they are a great deal, just a bit out my range ATM

Jewel

Hey Brandon, not if you go on AP or not but Advanced Aquatics has a used tank you might be interested in its only 100 gl but its starrphire 3 sides, external overflow on one end I think 36x24x24 for 400  rimless

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Jewel link said:
Hey Brandon, not if you go on AP or not but Advanced Aquatics has a used tank you might be interested in its only 100 gl but its starrphire 3 sides, external overflow on one end I think 36x24x24 for 400  rimless

yup i saw that one and thought long and hard but its too small- only 90gallons :(

the 120g in hamilton decided to bail on me last minute... what a surprise...
im now considering another 150g bowfront, this time this one has been setup and running for a while and very water tight :)

OR

Big als london has informed me that they are having a sale on big tanks,
$449.99 for a 120g 48x24x24 drilled with built in overflow...

thats very tempting...

Jewel

120 is a nice size, take a look at my 120 I had a few years ago, Starrphire, External Overflows, Eurobraced, nicest tank I ever had.

nexusnight

I agree 18" kinda sucks. I built my tank at 20" on the bottom just for that extra room. I'd love a tank 72*36*22:) dream tank for when I buy a house. Of course peninsula style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Agreed 18 inches is brutal for aquascaping.  The 120 for 450 is a decent price, only 100 more than you would have spent on the other 120.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
curiousphil link said:
Agreed 18 inches is brutal for aquascaping.  The 120 for 450 is a decent price, only 100 more than you would have spent on the other 120.

yea for sure, it is tempting

then i do have to find a new light too, 8 bulb t5, if anyone sees one let me know!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
curiousphil link said:
Decided for sure to ditch the MH then?  Cus it would fit that tank, no?

i sold the 48'' mh
just to much damn money on power

still have the 72'' one though... cant let that go yet cuz if i get the bowfront, ill use it until i can find a 60'' 8 bulb t5

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
curiousphil link said:
Ah ok, thought you were still using the 48\" to temporarily light something... was seriously considering picking it up :)

Oh shit sry man,
Yea I was but all the coral in that tank died.... For some f**king reason...
So someone offered me the full 250$ I was asking to deliever it to London so I did lol