Nonuser's 60 Gallon Starphire Cube

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
need some rocks undecided about sand and have to monkey around with the sump. Eventually I will get water in it some day unless I run out of money before ...

Last edited:

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I have an issue with plumbing. I can't find parts to get the return pump to the current plumbing. Was at Lowes, home depot. I was told that they have nothing like this and that I have to go to a pool supply store. nothing is easy.

Here is the part I need to replace or jerry rig it. I got a plug for the one port the other one is smooth on the inside 1 1/4 inch but I have to reduce it some way and then either put a flex tubing connection to a shunt or hard plumb the bugger.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
I have a shit load of leftover plumbing supplies. Bring your pump by this weekend and let's see if we can hook you up. Bring coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Mr. Bart84 will take a look at it and then if he can't help I'll message you.

Thank you kind sir!

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
that is the front. I just installed my Tunze ATO and it was a snap. Have my pods in the sump and stuff everywhere. taking a break before cleaning stuff up. I just piled the rock no real scaping

MrHermit85

Awesome tank and build. The rock work does look like a face which is cool!!!

With regards to powerheads I like the sicce brand. I ran the voyagers for over 3 years with no issues and they are dead quiet plus can run on a wavemaker with no starting backwards. (Except with the nano...) I believe they have a complete new range out now too. A little pricey but worth a look. I think they call them the HP range.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I was thinking about a Jebao but I can figure out which is the best and what one does better than the other one there is like 4 different types ugh

I'm growing some green shag on this weird rock thingy

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I was thinking about a Jebao but I can figure out which is the best and what one does better than the other one there is like 4 different types ugh

I'm growing some green shag on this weird rock thingy

Try and get a closer shot of it. Could be bryopsis or just hair algae.

Doesn't matter which it is. Just don't let it get out of control. Maybe take the rock out and scrub it in a bucket of old tank water.

Sony Xperia Z3

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Try and get a closer shot of it. Could be bryopsis or just hair algae.

Doesn't matter which it is. Just don't let it get out of control. Maybe take the rock out and scrub it in a bucket of old tank water.

Sony Xperia Z3
Thanks Eric, it's only on the one rock.

Edit: looks like Hair Algae, fingers crossed

Last edited: