Nonuser's 60 Gallon Starphire Cube

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I just orderd the jebao rw8 online should be here next week . I think that would be great because these pumps tent to lose power over time so a rw4 would be working way to hard down the road so the rw8 was a good choice for my 40 gallon I hope this helps.. If I were you the rw8 its onsale at pets and ponds on Amazon.ca 32% off

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I just orderd the jebao rw8 online should be here next week . I think that would be great because these pumps tent to lose power over time so a rw4 would be working way to hard down the road so the rw8 was a good choice for my 40 gallon I hope this helps.. If I were you the rw8 its onsale at pets and ponds on Amazon.ca 32% off

Thanks @Luke that's what I was looking at and couldn't figure out which one was the best fit. then they have the 15s and 20s and do you go big and dial back. I never know whats the best option.

I placed my order thanks Luke I have been back and forth on what to get for weeks and almost bought them full price. I was going to buy 2 sets just for all that extra money I would save! ;)

Last edited:

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
anyone recommend a good TDS meter? I might have to buy a RO unit. I have been getting my RO from a store but I am thinking I might be not getting the quality I need or deserve Also a recommended ro unit? then I can get in on that resin deal :)

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Thanks @Luke that's what I was looking at and couldn't figure out which one was the best fit. then they have the 15s and 20s and do you go big and dial back. I never know whats the best option.

I placed my order thanks Luke I have been back and forth on what to get for weeks and almost bought them full price. I was going to buy 2 sets just for all that extra money I would save! ;)

Haha me too buddy that's how I feel with everything it takes me weeks of back and forth ! Lol , I think because it's a cube you can get away with 1 forsure and I like to think dial

Luke.

Distinguished Member

Haha me and you both takes me forever to make up my mind .. Lol
What ones did you order ?

Last edited:

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Rw8 that you recommended

Nice ! I think in a cube that would be awesome , In my tank atm I have 3 hydor power heads 2 ,750gph and 1 smaller one for behind the rock work I hope to replace all of the power heads
(Other then the one behind the rock)
With the new jebao I seen vids on youtube of guys with 1 rw4 on 40 gallons and it was amazing the power them little things have , I want mine now ! Damn shipping lol

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Nice ! I think in a cube that would be awesome , In my tank atm I have 3 hydor power heads 2 ,750gph and 1 smaller one for behind the rock work I hope to replace all of the power heads
(Other then the one behind the rock)
With the new jebao I seen vids on youtube of guys with 1 rw4 on 40 gallons and it was amazing the power them little things have , I want mine now ! Damn shipping lol
Trust me they will be here really quick. I bought the pump from pet and ponds and had it in 2-3 business days

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I have the tank pretty well cycled. I have the jebao rw8 in there swirling the water around. I have more than enough flow. My tomini tang that I had quarintined in my established 20 died. I think he wasn't really that healthy to begin with. Looked okay until one morning he was stuck to the overflow. Still alive but a goner.

I have no idea what to put in the tank now. Kind of losing faith in the entire endeavour. Maybe just slop the fish I have in the 20 in the 60 and be content with it as is. I should have bought a boat!
I've been sinking crazy money into saltwater.

Think I'll just grow algae :(

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
the mushroom split and is now into 3 pieces Its was 2 for at least a month now 3 parts for a couple weeks now. I figured if it was dying it would have already? well time will tell. I started 2 part ESV B-Ionic dosing.

I hope to get a new fish maybe on the weekend. The 20 gallon has only 2 tomato clowns I'm thinking about getting rid of them and either closing down the tank and using the tank as a quarantine.

heath

Distinguished Member
looking good... its so rewarding and exciting when you get to the point that you can start adding fish... are you going to keep it bare bottom...

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Thanks Heath, yes I'm going to keep it bare bottom. Too deep anything falls it's hard to reach. Sand will kill and bury stuff fast. Maybe get tile and add something cool to the bottom that way?

Still need to scape it but I have no artistic flare