Nonuser's 60 Gallon Starphire Cube

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I hop to be heading down to Fragbox today to pick up some stuff and who knows what I may find ;)

I have some GSP (not the MMA guy) was thinking about a shag carpet

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
no fish !!!!
no fish, I am not going to be to rash grabbing something and then later regretting it. I am mulling over pipefish or a group of young clowns if I can get a deal on some unique ones I like. or maybe just a sweet lion fish like the thought of a frog but no action at all. dragnets are cool but need to have a really seasoned tank the 20 is an option for them....Who knows

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I have a line on a dozen 3/4 to inch Picasso X Black clowns, well I could get more or less. What does everyone think? they are locally bred and I will be going to look at them no idea how many he has of them. Was told min 8 for a harem and all from the same clutch, because they have already been forming their hierarchy

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
I have a line on a dozen 3/4 to inch Picasso X Black clowns, well I could get more or less. What does everyone think? they are locally bred and I will be going to look at them no idea how many he has of them. Was told min 8 for a harem and all from the same clutch, because they have already been forming their hierarchy
Do it! !!

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
So I moved the big Bubble tip over and tore some plays off the old rock and dumped them in my new tank. I had gloves on. But I started having chest pain. Ha probably a heart attack, but I was like those damn things soaked threw these thin gloves and I poisoned myself and in a week someone will find my rotting corpse.

Damn it, I woke up this morning and had to go to work!

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
So I picked up a trio

Have to wait til fragfest to get some pods for my tank and chaetos. I was hoping to get more stuff in Kitchener today but you know people.

I was going to look at a dozen clowns and the guy was making it way more difficult than it should have be as well as the guy from [removed:Torx], I called him and asked if he had these because his website states he does. But he was too busy to take my money. Like the guy in Kitchener. I am still amazed how no one really want to make money. they say they do. but then when you say, hey let me come over and hand you a wad of cash for what you want to sell and ill pay you exactly what you want. they say, well that will be inconvenient.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
So for 2 weeks I have been manually dosing 2 part B Ionics

Tests Mag 1290 ppm KH/Alkalinity 8.9/3.19 and Cal 420 and PO4 is 0

now what? have been dosing the minimum each day for 2 weeks do I stop for a week and re test every day or at the end of the week?

I picked up some goodies at GTAReef sweet Stuff I wish I could share but.....

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
my understanding is that if you want to try and keep your water chemistry consistent then you can achieve this by dosing. if you find out what amount of Calcium, alkalinity and magnesium your corals are using then you can dose those elements so that you can keep the levels consistent.

Last edited:

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Ordered the Kamoer Doser on March 27, 2016 and it arrived yesterday from UPS all packaged nice. really quick service and a great price!

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Okay so setting up my kamoer dosing pump, so if I want to dose 15 ml

I would set up a 12:00 -24:00 cycle
Amount = 16. ML/day

Times/day =8

Then it would dose 1.33 ml every hour, for the 12 hour period

Or would it dose 2 ml 8 times in the 12 hour period every dose would be ever 66.67 minutes?

The instructions are unclear

I have no idea what I'm doing

fa5.jpg

Last edited: