Speedy And Invisible Killer

Sewerat

Super Active Member
You could take out the sand and put in a rubber maid tote, keep,under water and just add a circulation pump to it while you work on stuff as well

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Just time. If you spend all the time making new rodi and adding salt to find out you have to dump it all and start over again. Wasted time, water and salt.

In my experience. When things go wrong like what you had happen. It's almost easier to rip it all apart and start over to rule out any contaminates.

But that's just what I personally would do. You may have good luck just starting from where you are now.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I see and don't dispute what you're saying. But if it's a water and rock issue, both of which will be rectified with my current plan, then I've saved money on sand, as well as preserving living sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I wouldn't do that.
Some people have luck doing things in this hobby one way and other another way. No one way is 100% right.

I just have my way of doing things and that's not to say yours or someone elses way isn't going to work or is wrong.

I just hope for your sake it all works out. Trying to find an issue can be very frustrating.

Good luck

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Jeff. Once the weather is nicer. I plan on ordering some of these, was going to see about a group deal/ offer if anyone was interested. Like I said. Easy to replenish a system, and if you did/do have the so called Dino it will still be in your sand bed.

https://livecopepods.com

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Jeff. Once the weather is nicer. I plan on ordering some of these, was going to see about a group deal/ offer if anyone was interested. Like I said. Easy to replenish a system, and if you did/do have the so called Dino it will still be in your sand bed.

I'll be interested, funds permitting. If it is dyno, it will continue to show up after old rock is out and good water put in, correct?

bart84

FYI brantford Tds is around 480. But being spring that might change as they take the water from the grand and heavily treat with chemicals. That number could change with the pipes in your house aswell.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Did some checking of tds readings. Pretty wild how much they vary, and how bad brantford water is!

Home (house is 40 years old)
Basement bathroom- 678
Mainfloor bathroom - 440
Kitchen - 540

Work (building finished fall 2014) - 599

Before i switched to ro/di, top up and wc water came from mainfloor bathroom w/prime. My ro/di is hooked up in basement washroom. After about 2 weeks of top ups with ro/di (about 20g total) i didn't bother checking tds, and stopped using prime. Bad jeff! Currently, tds out of the ro/di is around 120. Think i may have done in my own tank!

just to add in here my sister picked up live copepods in London somewhere I will find out where..it would cost less without shipping and U.S dollar exchange

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I've been considering nuking my old rock via acid bath. Have read about some people using vinegar, and some using muriatic acid. Muriatic acid sounds like a sure fire way to go. Suggestions?

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
10 parts water to 1 part Bleach and soak for 24 hours then let dry,1 part muriatic acid into 10 parts water for an hour or so, then rinse in tap water treated with prime or amquel and let dry.
The muriatic acid will foam/fume a lot and stain/eat concrete so careful where you do it.
Now the rock needs to be cooked before you use it.