Reefers 135g Sps Dominated Reef.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
So someone made a comment about my tank yesterday about having only one overflow and that I should have 2 unless its a 2" drain. Is this something i should worry about?

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Will be adding a Reef Octopus SRO 3000 skimmer to my equipment list! Just gotta wait till adams done shutting down, Cant wait to get this beast. Im going to be happy knowing im doing this right and gathering quality equipment for this build. Still cant make up my mind if i want to buy another Vortech to go along my other one.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
If im doing jebao, which i might cause they are good pumps, is go with the 40's. But i do like how much i can play with on the vortechs, and the looks of the pumps and controller on the ES. Ill hve to think unless i can find a used vortech i might have to go with jebao lol.

curiousphil

Super Active Member
I would recommend the 40 instead of a 25. I got a 25 to go on the opposite side of my wp40 wavebox and I wish I went with the 40.

The WP pumps put out a good bit of water but the stream of flow is very narrow.

I actually am dying to try out a Maxspect Gyre... that's another option to consider! Cheaper than a vortech and runs circles around them from everything I've seen on YouTube.